No announcement yet.

What is Your Gym Routine Like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Your Gym Routine Like?

Thought it would be interesting to see how other people train at their gyms, or how things are run, so you can compare and maybe pick up a few things.

Well heres mine, gym runs from 430-7, i try and get there by 5 and stay till 7.

Warmup
    Jumprope: 2.5 minutes regular, last 30 seconds high intensity. (3 rounds)
    Stretching: Usually as a group as there are enough people there by this time, static stretching as well as neck exersises.

Shadow Boxing
    Work Combos for 3 minute rounds, sometimes in a group as trainer calls them out. (3 rounds)

Bag Work (when alot of ppl are at gym we have to alternate)
    Heavy Bag: (trainer calls out combos) (2 rounds)
    Uppercut Bag: (1 round)
    Speed Bag: (Do while waiting for turn on heavy bags, usually 2 rounds)

Focus Mitts
    Work with Trainers or a Partner, Depending on how good you are. Beginners are just working jabs and straights. More advanced are working more combos, block, slipping. (3 rounds)

Sparring
    I'm new to this gym plus I havent been training long enough to get into the ring yet (Coach is strict about making sure your ready). Anyways there are usually 2 sparring sessions and others can watch or continue bag work/shadow boxing.

Run
    3 Laps around District Park (right near gym). This is about 3.5 miles.

Finish/Cooldown
    Come back get water, then final stretch same as beginning. You can usually stay later if you lock up.

This is what I do when I go to the gym:

Get boots and wraps on

Skipping
    - Interval skips of 3 minutes. Usually a minimum of 6 rounds. Intense for a minute then less intense for 30 seconds. Or intense 10, less intense 10. Or high pace throughout with hard final 30 seconds.

Bag Work/Ground Work.
    - Usually now I get put into the Ground Work first which makes the session harder. In this we do various calisthenic/plyometric exercise's using body weight only. We do 10 exercises of 10. Or we do 5 exercises 30 seconds each. Probably 5 rounds minimum of that.

- Bag Work usually comes after like I said, because its a harder regime. The juniors usually do bags first and then ground work after because they are smaller. On the bags its up to us what we do. So I do bursts of combinations and then movement with just jabs and then back to bursts again.

- When you are in the Bag Work room there is a ring in there. Every round you alternate the bags. So you move along to the next one. When there are no more bags left for you to move onto you go into the ring, where you do pads. Hard intense pads rounds for 3 minutes. The trainer makes you throw shots non stop and pushes you onto the ropes. If he detects that you are tired he just keeps hitting you. What I do in this session is 90% power. So the pads make a **** load of noise.

- If you do the bags first you go back to the ground work. If you do the pads second thats the end of your session. Other than a quick **** around. Anything extra you wanna do, you can do. Like some more press-ups or another bag round. Most people just talk and joke around. The atmosphere in my gym is excellent, and all the trainers and fighters mix. Oh yeah I forgot to mention you do at least 10 rounds on the bags. And the thermostat is set to the highest setting. Pissed.

The gym is now open 5 days a week. 2 of those days are sparring. So take out the bag work and put in place probably 5 rounds of sparring.

Comment

Shadowboxing
      We do 3 rounds, 3 minutes each with 1 minute rest shadowboxing. Trainer just tells us if we do something wrong.

Speedbag
      3 rounds, 3 minutes with 1 minute rest for these.

Jumprope
      Same as above, 3x3 for this or we go through rests.

Sparring
      For almost everyone, it's 2x3 of sparring but if you're more experienced or have a fight, you do 5 rounds.

Heavybag
      2x3 on this working the bag trying not to stop...this is more endurance work.

Mitts
      You onlt do mitts if you have a fight but it's usually 2x3.

Comment

Skipping 30mins
        Cardio/Stretching 30mins
        Then 60mins of bagwork/sparring/pads

Comment

3 mins stretching
          3 Mins Jumping Jacks
          3 Mins High-legs/arm crosses
          3 mins 1-2-Leap jumps
          4 rds shadowbox
          2 Hills
          10 Mins jumprope
          3 rds speedbag
          4 rds hvybag/mitts
          3 sets pullups
          4 sets crazy hard situps
          2 sets pushups

Comment

streching then.
            15 mins skipping or 15 min run i do run because i feel it helps me better when im in the ring to keep up my stamina of coure i change it occasionaly

10mins shadow boxing

10 mins pushups

15 mins of all differnt **** ups

20 mins on heaviebag swaping bags every 2 mins so some ppl will get the speed bags eventully

5 mins strieght pad work

last 25 mins sparring

once its finished a cooldown strech off

Comment

hope u liked how i put **** ups lol

Comment

start of with stretching

100 situps to start. kind of a pain in the ass.

3x3 skipping rope
                3x3 shadowboxing
                3x3 heavy bag
                3x3 double end bag
                3x3 speed bag
                3x3 uppercut bag
                3x3 plyometrics or focus mitts
                100 situps and 100 back extensions to finish.

Comment

The workouts I have my fighters do vary from day to day. I always have one training parameter that is the focus of a specific workout. Those parameters could be; aerobic endurance (during basic training periods), strength (weight sessions), technique (sparring/mitts/shadowboxing etc.), power endurance (medicine ball programs, 20/10 interval punchouts with wrist weights, sprints etc.), speed/power conversion (short work intervals, long rest intervals, 100% intensity, med balls, heavybag etc.), weight control (usually a day or to before a fight) etc.

Obviously most workouts have more than one of these parameters included, but I always make sure to focus on ONE of them per workout to get optimum results. This requires that I keep a close eye on the individual fighter, and keep a journal of everything we do. I have my fighters keep a daily journal including morning pulse, weight, training (including hiw motivated they are for the day's workout), diet, fatigue. Harder and more complicated than just posting a standard workout on the wall, like they had when I used to box on Long Island, but it makes me able to control my fighters' evolvementmuch much better.

Comment

You're my dream trainer, lol

Comment

Working...
                    X