Phil Jackson: MJ was better than KOBE Bryant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    i don't get the leadership thing.

when he got jordan, jordan had been in the league twice as long, already a superstar and everyone knew the team was his.

kobe was just 21, barely 3 years pro, only 1 as starter and his team was loaded with vets, former stars and a superstar who saw kobe as a kid.

way different to compare.

exactly...how can Phil bring up leadership when it was HE who told Kobe that it was Shaq's team? and what happened when it became Kobe's team? same ****; titles

the old man is tryin to sell books

Comment

I never liked Jordan, and truly don't understand why almost everyone loves him. He was equally as arrogant, and maybe even more of a prick then Kobe.

Obviously this has nothing to do with his greatness, but the odd love for Jordan makes it near impossible for anyone to ever surpass him, whether they are better or not.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

i was specifically waiting for these posts.

casual bball fans want to pretend kobe isn't comparable to jordan.

but they are.

if you look at every skill, talent, accomplishment they're close.

only difference is POPULARITY AWARDS that are voted on by media like MVP.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
            I never liked Jordan, and truly don't understand why almost everyone loves him. He was equally as arrogant, and maybe even more of a prick then Kobe.

Obviously this has nothing to do with his greatness, but the odd love for Jordan makes it near impossible for anyone to ever surpass him, whether they are better or not.
            media.

media was different back then.

media sweep a lot of jordan stink under the rug.

jordan was advertisement darling. how does tv and newspapers get paid again?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              casual bball fans want to pretend kobe isn't comparable to jordan.

but they are.

if you look at every skill, talent, accomplishment they're close.

only difference is POPULARITY AWARDS that are voted on by media like MVP.

i agree, they are comparable, but its quite clear jordan was superior.

Its a travesty that kobe,shaq, hakeem, only have one mvp while steve nash has two.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post

Jordan the leader that would punch his teammates in practice?

people love Jordan because once the other powerhouses at the time (Showtime, green turds, Bad Boys), faded away, there was nothing else but the Bulls...he took advantage of aggressive marketing by Nike and a weak era

Comment

take Jordan out of the Bulls and they make the ECF and are a few plays away from getting to the finals

take Kobe out of the Lakers and they get swept in the 1st round

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    exactly...how can Phil bring up leadership when it was HE who told Kobe that it was Shaq's team? and what happened when it became Kobe's team? same ****; titles

the old man is tryin to sell books
                    can't blame him. gotta do what you gotta do.

plus he knows kobe is whatever. jordan probably throw a fit.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      i agree, they are comparable, but its quite clear jordan was superior.

Its a travesty that kobe,shaq, hakeem, only have one mvp while steve nash has two.
                      that's fine if you think he is but list why please.

skills. let's go over it one by one.

Comment

Working...
                      X