Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you have as #1 ATG in the history of Boxing? Please Justify Your choice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you have as #1 ATG in the history of Boxing? Please Justify Your choice

Please only choose one boxer/fighter! There can be only one!

I have "Money Mayweather' as the #1 ATG's Boxer in the history of Boxing! I'll explain my choice later after hearing from you wise boxing fans!
    FOOT & HAND SPEED
    7.59%
    POWER & STRENGTH
    7.59%
    CHIN & TOUGHNESS
    8.23%
    FOCUS
    8.86%
    ATHELETISM & SKILL & FOOTWORK
    12.03%
    HEART & WILL TO WIN
    12.03%
    DEDECATION TO PHYISCAL FITNESS & STAMINA
    8.23%
    ABILTY TO SPARK INTREST
    8.23%
    COMPLETE DOMINATION OF WEIGHT CLASS & OF THE SPORT
    18.35%
    LONGJEVITY
    8.86%
    Last edited by SWEETSCIENCE100; 12-23-2011, 07:09 PM.

Anthony Dirrell

Comment

Charlie Zelenoff

Comment

People who have never seen Ray Robinson fight or know anyone he's beat will automatically say Ray Robinson because they think they have to. They're afraid of the wrath that the boxing historians and other people like them will unleash on them.

Not saying he wasn't the GOAT or that he doesn't have a case, just saying many people call him the best without knowing why.

In my honest opinion, even though Ali said SRR was the best, I feel Ali has the best resume in boxing history. I also think Sugar Ray Leonard belongs in the top 5. His skill set along with wins over Benitez, Duran, Hearns, and Hagler put him in the top 5 for me.

Comment

Joan guzman( I said it for Natas)

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
            People who have never seen Ray Robinson fight or know anyone he's beat will automatically say Ray Robinson because they think they have to. They're afraid of the wrath that the boxing historians and other people like them will unleash on them.

Not saying he wasn't the GOAT or that he doesn't have a case, just saying many people call him the best without knowing why.

In my honest opinion, even though Ali said SRR was the best, I feel Ali has the best resume in boxing history. I also think Sugar Ray Leonard belongs in the top 5. His skill set along with wins over Benitez, Duran, Hearns, and Hagler put him in the top 5 for me.
            I also don't feel that SRR is automatically the GOAT. I think Greb and Langford have just as much if not a better case to being the GOAT as SRR. I do believe SRR gets a tad bit overrated cuz' of it.

I disagree with Ali being the GOAT and with SRL being the top 5 ATG.

Comment

Longjevity????

Comment

Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
                Longjevity????
                I've heard people say george forman was the greatest simply because he fought at the top level for so long! Longevity!
                Last edited by SWEETSCIENCE100; 12-23-2011, 07:16 PM.

Comment

For those of you choosing Complete domination of the sport and weightclass as your option, please remember no one has done as long as Mayweather!

Comment

Roy Jones Jr #1 P4P from 1970-present

Bernard Hopkins - Obvious ATG and Top 5 MW in history. Almost 20 years after the fact still no one has come close to beating Hopkins the way Roy did.

Eric Harding - coming off 2 very good wins against Montell Griffin and Antonio Tarver and most thought his style could give Roy a lot of trouble.... Roy Dominated him

Reggie Johnson - Gave James Toney hell and beat ATG Steve Collins. Roy Dominated him

Merqui Sosa - Sosa beat Prince Charles Williams twice, beat Glen Johnson and gave James Toney hell. Ring mag rated Sosa as the best chin in boxing... Roy stopped him in 2.

Thulani Malinga - Beat Nigel Benn, gave Eubank hell, He was considered to have an ATG chin ate Eubanks and Benns best punches, while Roy KO'd him in spectacular fashion

Julio Cesar Gonzalez - 1st guy to beat Dariusz of course Roy Dominated him

John Ruiz- Top 5 Heavyweight at the time Roy Dominated him

Jorge Vaca - beat #1 WW in the world Lloyd Honeygan and beat Quincy Taylor twice. Roy Dominated him

Jorge Castro - Roy Dominated him and few years later Castro was considered the best MW in the world.

Virgil Hill - Arguable a top 10 LHW of the last 40 years and yes while Virgil Hill was old when Roy made him sportscenter highlight. Virgil Hill proven he was still prime by going up to Cruiserweight and winning a title.

Mike McCallum - Obvious ATG but unlike Virgil Hill, McCallum was past his prime but still only a year removed from being a LHW champ. Roy dominated him like no else ever had.

Thomas Tate - C level fighter winning is nothing special but what is impressive is Roy KO'd him in 2 rounds. Tate's only KO loss in 50 fights including a fight against Julian Jackson who couldn't do what Roy did.

James Toney - Another obvious ATG in his absolute prime. Roy moved up in weight and totally dominated.

Comment

Working...
                    X