Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• competition headgear

is this headgear usa boxing approved

http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25947

Not 100% positive, but if it's AIBA approved for international competition, I don't see why it wouldn't be approved by USA Boxing.

Comment

That headgear is not USA Boxing approved. It is only approved by the AIBA.

Comment

Yeah thats a proper am headgear, not like what all the yanks seem to wear with the cheak guards

Comment

the wording in the usa boxing rulebook is kind of dicey when it comes to the aiba headgear.

The wearing of competitive headgear is mandatory at all levels of USA
          Boxing competition.
          (a) Only competitive headgear made to USA Boxing or AIBA specifications and bearing the official USA Boxing or AIBA label or stamp, illustrated in Figure 12.1, shall be used in contests sanctioned by United States Amateur Boxing, Inc (to the extent that AIBA approved headgear do not meet these specifications, they are exempt from this rule).
          i know we've had kids come down from canada who wear top ten stuff, which is aiba approved, but not usa boxing approved. and about the check protectors- they really aren't a huge difference maker. i got a nice mouse and bruise underneath my eye last fight. competition headgear with cheek protectors don't cover all that much more surface area than the open face. just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
          X