Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question maybe, but it's about hooks.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good work Brook. Though that was an in-close hook and like you said palm in is better close

Comment

Its about what is more comfortable to you. I prefer palm facing me, that just feels more natural, plus less chances on damaging my pinky.

Comment

is it me or is palm down leave the body open just a bit longer??

Comment

palm down is for speed and palm facing u is for power.

Comment

i think its the other way around, when im far and wanting to throw a harder hook, ill throw it palm down. up close when you want to do a quick flury, i think it looks retaded, and doesnt work well throwing palm down. i have to do it palm towards me. my coach keeps telling me to do it palm down, but i feel the palm towards me in that situation is so much more effective for me.

Comment

I get alot more power with the palm facing me. palm facing the floor just has never felt natural to me. But my trainer gets pissed when I have the palm facing me. I try to tell him that it doesnt feel right but he doesnt speak any english. Makes for a pretty difficult training session cause he slaps me across the face or punches me in the stomach when he catches me doing it. but like everyone said before, do what works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by n4kapa View Post
                I get alot more power with the palm facing me. palm facing the floor just has never felt natural to me. But my trainer gets pissed when I have the palm facing me. I try to tell him that it doesnt feel right but he doesnt speak any english. Makes for a pretty difficult training session cause he slaps me across the face or punches me in the stomach when he catches me doing it. but like everyone said before, do what works for you.
                You are kidding me... he can't be beating you up for mistakes. Thats just not right.

Anyway, my trainer tells me the same thing. Palm down, because it scores better. But i feel like sometimes i'll break my wrist if i throw like that. I like the anology about fist sideways for power, down for speed- its true.

Comment

Working...
                X