Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Golovkin get the same criticism as Ward if he doesn't rematch Jacobs ASAP?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing but excuses for Golovkin he lost and should rematch Jacobs immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
      No. Close but comfortable. Not controversial. Ward was robbery decision.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        Glad a respected poster saw the same as me. Jacobs wasn't landing many solid clean shots at all. I know I'm bias but genuinely I swear I have no idea how.people had Jacobs winning that. He did well and frustrated ggg but offensively there wasn't a lot getting through. Jacobs surpassing expectations doesn't mean it was a robbery or warrants an immediate rematch.
        These people who say that they have Jacobs winning - they are essentially lying in an attempt to deflect and lower criticism on Ward. Because coincidentally the majority of them are Ward fans, who were saying that he won without robbery and also he is "free to do whatever he wants, including not giving rematch to Kovalev".

I actually all in favor of GGG-Jacobs rematch, just not at the expense of losing belts. Because if there will be no unification fight, ABCs may strip Golovkin. Jacobs either will have to wait until GGG fights his mandatory, or himself become the mandatory of the other governing body.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
          Have a question for you: what is your opinion - did Ward win agaisnt Kovalev and should he give an immediate rematch?

Comment

There was no rematch clause, he doesnt have to rematch him next, although I would much prefer it, Jacobs for 1 likely would not accept fighting Golovkin in June (too soon for him) and 2 I am not against Golovkin limiting Canelo's choices so the fight can happen in september.

If the canelo fight doesnt happen, a Jacobs rematch at the end of the year is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              Ward vs Koval was a very close fight where both men shared controlling the action.
              GGG vs Danny was not like that at all, Danny had a few rounds he won when GGG stepped off his pedal and didn't do much. When GGG added tempo and stalked Danny he was in control.

No one is talking about GGG head & shoulder movement!!!
              People were going crazy after the Brooks fight saying he had NO Defense! Well the vast majority of Danny's shots were off the gloves or glancing shots. GGG displayed a good defense against a taller opponent, do you guys actually WATCH what the hell is going down? hahahaha........
              Ray
              On point as usual. We saw the same fight. I don't know what these folks are watching, or maybe they do not know what they are watching!

Comment

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
                These people who say that they have Jacobs winning - they are essentially lying in an attempt to deflect and lower criticism on Ward. Because coincidentally the majority of them are Ward fans, who were saying that he won without robbery and also he is "free to do whatever he wants, including not giving rematch to Kovalev".

I actually all in favor of GGG-Jacobs rematch, just not at the expense of losing belts. Because if there will be no unification fight, ABCs may strip Golovkin. Jacobs either will have to wait until GGG fights his mandatory, or himself become the mandatory of the other governing body.
                Yeah exactly how I see it. They've took this opportunity as revenge for ward kovalev. Pathetic really.

Comment

Apples and bananas.

I won't be seeing Jacobs pressing for a rematch anytime soon. He'll most likely take a long vacation, which is typical for Haymon fighters.

Comment

Jacobs was never in control of this fight. GGG won clearly and a rematch shouldnt even be mentioned. What the **** did you ******s watch?

Comment

I want to see a rematch but there is no rush for it the fight wasn't a robbery like ward did when he pulled off grand larceny, ggg needs canelo scary ass right now then after he could rematch Jacobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X