No announcement yet.

Kell Brook was heavier than GGG too.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kell Brook was heavier than GGG too.

Yet nobody complained. It was seen as a justification for the fight.

Gennady Golovkin 167.8, Kell Brook 168 - IBF's Fight Day Weighin

Comment section
    https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=722395

Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
    Wow i am impress with Brook weight this is getting better!!
    Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    damn, brook is too heavy, i don't think that's a good thing
    Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    They'll both probably be over 170 in the ring then.
    Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    I predict Golovkin 171 as usual and Brook 173/174.
    Originally posted by HansGruber View Post
    So i guess Brook is not SMALL after all. WAR GGG
    Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    WTF are you even talking about? GGG walks around at 170 and is always about 165 one month away from the fight and about 163 a week before the fight.

On fight night he is about 169-172. Last time he was 168.5 in the morning and on fight night he was 170. (Against Lemieux)

Other bigger MWs walk around at 180 and rehydrate to 175. Canelo fighting at 155 rehydrates 20+ lb, while GGG who fights at 160 gains about 10lb which is - compared to other fighters at 160 - relatively low. GGG said he could still make 154, he possibly wouldnt be at his best and it makes no sense since he is the unified MW champ and 160 is his best weight, but he is by no means a big MW or struggles at all.

He'll be doing fine at 168 but he will look tiny vs the bigger guys at 168. Did you see how Murray looked tiny vs Groves? While Murray was bigger than GGG.
    Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
    Why are people complaining about him weighing 170+? Freakin JMW's weigh more than that on fight night
    Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Brook is the slightly bigger man.
    This is my favorite one. GGG has been outweight 8 times in his last 10 fights and Maxi never had a problem with it

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    From his last 10 fights, he was outweighed 8 times.

Facts > b s.
    And Jacobs has proven he can hit the second day weigh in in his last fight before GGG

Shut up already

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yet nobody complained. It was seen as a justification for the fight.

Gennady Golovkin 167.8, Kell Brook 168 - IBF's Fight Day Weighin

Comment section
      https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=722395

This is my favorite one. GGG has been outweight 8 times in his last 10 fights and Maxi never had a problem with it

And Jacobs has proven he can hit the second day weigh in in his last fight before GGG

WBA have a second day weigh-in?

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
        WBA have a second day weigh-in?
        No. That had something to do with the IBF minor title or something. I can't recall exactly what it was but that was part of the IBF. I know he said WBA but I saw someone on Twitter say it was for some minor IBF title. I don't know honestly
        Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 03-20-2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
          Shut up already
          Click on my name and there's a drop down menu. It'll say ADD MOTORCITY COBRA TO YOUR IGNORE LIST. That'll shut me up

Comment

Comment

Golovkin didnt complain about it. Why are you so worried about people you dont even know complaining about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                Golovkin didnt complain about it. Why are you so worried about people you dont even know complaining about it?
                For the same reason you're so worried about me being worried that you bothered to post in this topic

Comment

Who's crying about the weight? Not as if Jacobs even took advantage of it.

Never mind just saw the topic that's on top of the forum lol....
                  Last edited by Jsmooth9876; 03-20-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Who's crying about the weight? Not as if Jacobs even took advantage of it.
                    So your phone isn't showing the front page of this forum? You using the app or something?

Comment

Working...
                    X