• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxfan7819 View Post
    If Jacobs does end up fighting GGG bet me all your points
    Bet me all yours.

Comment

Exactly... jabs are his weakness and GGG jabs are way more devastating compared to Mayweather and Lara.
      ...because GGG's comp is much weaker.

Comment

• Canelo has all the tools he needs to beat GGG. He could even win the fight emphatically if Golovkin plays into traps.

Canelo has faster hands and sharper punches. He just has to get Golovkin's respect early- which he is more than capable of. Even while I think Golovkin has more (thudding) power- Canelo has A LOT of his own pop, plenty to hurt GGG and make him think.

This fight is not a one-sided thing. It's been aggravating to follow developments because it's a great fight that needs to happen. Hope it happens in 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by b0x
          Boone dropped Ward though. Did Ouma drop G? Still Ward beats Kov and GGG. GGG beats Canelo. Canelo beats Lara. Past performances don't mean much...

NEXT!
          Didn't Boone drop Kova? stupid comparisons. lol

I agree with you, past performances don't mean much, which is why industry likes making fun of Golovkin's resume.

Comment

Yes Boone did drop Kov which completely proves my point further, so it's not a stupid comparison if you actually understand. The top fighters can have bad fights too. Like Canelo has, Ward has, Kov has and GGG had. I still think GGG beats Canelo. But Canelo is only just starting to get the credit as a boxer he deserves. I noticed several changes to Canelo's game for the better when he came to fight Lara and broke him down to the body over the middle rounds. He deserves credit for that performance (and he didn't duck that fight like all the naysayers thought he was doing!). Then he showed some more new skills vs Cotto (movement and speed). The future is bright for him, GGG not so much (getting too old). But right now I'd take GGG all day. GGG is too strong not to mention being a seasoned 160 fighter, Alvarez is 154.

NEXT!
            leaving out Boone vs Kova in mere words in the same sentence to strategically prove a point about Ward vs Boone isn't obvious nor practical...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              Bet me all yours.
              If that fight happens I will Jacobs couldn't beat Pirog don't understand what makes you think he's going to win it wont even be competitive. Jacobs will go down again

Comment

Don't try and act smart, it's not working. It was to prove the point that the best fighters have bad days, and since I consider Ward better than Kov I thought it would be enough. But I guess IQ's under 80 need it spelled out and I should mention every single fighter who ever had a tough fight earlier in their career. Too bad I don't have the time!

NEXT!
                ok... so then next time try and add Boone, Ward, and Kova all in the same sentence. Not just Boone and Ward... cause I agree with you, it's stupid not too, or do we assume that whenever people mention Ward vs Boone, Kova is never pictured. synonymousity innit

"necks"

Comment

If that fight happens I will Jacobs couldn't beat Pirog don't understand what makes you think he's going to win it wont even be competitive. Jacobs will go down again
                  .....for all you know GGG couldn't beat Pirog either.

Danny was only 23....what was Gigi doing at that age.?
                  Surely not fighting guys on Pirog's level.

Comment

Glad we got that cleared up.

NEXT!
                    Yes. Kova vs Boone 3 is approaching

Comment

• By the way you guys are talking bout Canelo it sounds like GGG would be the GOAT if he KO's him.

Comment

Working...
                      X