No announcement yet.

Even the us fans are laughing at the poor ticket sales for wilder vs fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    being on any fighter's d1ck is feminine. Why would that be disputed?
    well in this day and age feminism in men is often called something else

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
      I was more talking about 2015 onwards when the guys I mentioned were on the scene and Wilder was making defenses, I will however begrudgingly admit some of the above did make sense. The fact does remain that Wlad has fought more better comp for whatever reason you like, so belittling his accomplishments and bigging up what Wilder has seems off.

Gavern was AJ's 10th professional fight, the real question is why was he Wilder's 31st?

Maybe if Wilder fought guys like this in his 10th intead of 31st he could have moved up rankings quicker and been in amongst the top ten for 20 or so extra fights and had more oppurtinities to fight them to build a better resume fighting them rather than excuses as to why he isn't fighting good opponents, that is a maybe though don't take that too seriously.

The clarify, I was speaking mostly from the perspective of 2015. The Johann fight was something like september 2015.

I hate to be a stickler about this, but it's 2016-2017 the guys you listed start their push. Wilder is still very much tied up by Povetkin. The reason I keep reiterating Povetkin isn't to detract from Povetkin it's to explain all these fights from 2015-2017 from Johann to Bermane were short notice. Which causes scheduling conflicts that are not Wilder's fault. He had to wait for Pov to ask for a delay before he could react to it.

Funnily enough I actually consider myself a Wlad fan. He was great in a time when only perfecting the most basic combo in boxing, footwork on tracks, and a slow pace would absolutely smash anyone else. If Wlad wasn't champion some short fat joker with bad form and even worse posture would have been. I am grateful for Wlad. However, if he had anything else to him or any statement to make about his juxtaposition in the ATG ranks he had ample opportunity and perfect opposition to do it with. It's not Wlad's lack of range of skills, or his resume, or his lack of performance, it's the fact that he's all three that really drag him down. Wlad is only impressive in Wlad's time. I don't believe he'd be champion in any other era.

Wilder's not had Wlad's position yet. Joshua has and Fury has but Wilder has yet to be the man everyone is trying to fight. If Wilder gets in Wlad's position and starts carrying men rounds they did not earn I will come down on Wilder too. It isn't that I think Wilder's done better it's that I forgive the lack of given his situation.

Deontay fought nearly 10 time the year he debuted. By contrast the fast tracked joshua fought 3. You know plenty of old'ens like myself brag about how often the old school fought. What they never bring up is in boxing when you can get meaningful fights you get often fights.

I can think of no better example than Harry Kid Matthews. Not alot of people give Kid any time because he was just a contender in the Marciano era that Marciano KO'd rather easily during his push. It could have been an elim but I don't recall for sure. Either way, Kid had a hard time securing fights because he'd come up from 130. So he goes on a nearly 60 fight win streak. Because if you can't get a name you have to beat everyone around them first, sometimes twice. Once you've limited that name's opposition by beating them and taking their position the name has no choice but to admit you are the best challenge and not fighting you at this point is a blatant duck, which used to mean more.

Mike Tyson is notorious for having a weak early resume. He's also a man who the year he debuted fought something like fifteen fights.

Marciano fought 10 in his first year.

Foreman 13 or 14.

Deontay is not avoiding competition, his team did not avoid competition, they are simply forced by juxtaposition to the same path everyone who is avoided and/or unknown has had to follow. I do not think it's coincidence these men are all punchers.

Alright well I'll explain why he fought Gavern. Because at the time Joshua was securing fights in the WBC to work his way up into mando position. He fought Gavern for the same reason Wilder did, Gavern's a lesser belt gatekeeper. Something of a necessity. The BBBoC is also WBC and you'll notice all the way up until Martin Joshua was fighting for BBBoC belts and WBC lesser titles like international champ. The WBC wanted them to. Joshua adheres to the same principles when he is in the same position. The only real thing you need to ask yourself is do you believe Wilder was promoted as well as Joshua or near it. The answer should be no, and if it is then it should be easy to accept Joshua is going to have the pick of the litter while Wilder deals with leftovers happy to wait on their payday and work the ABC rankings. Prior to having his position and choices Joshua fought men who do nothing for his resume as well. He did it because they helped his career. Wilder's been in that position his whole career.

In the shadow of Wlad, Fury, and Joshua there can only be ****ty fights. Wilder's couldn't even block Martin-Glaz and get himself into that fight. IBF was not having it and the WBC was not having it. I mean c'mon, Glaz and Martin are walks and the IBF is a title. Do you really believe Wilder was scared to fight Martin or Glazkov then but landed Ortiz and Fury as soon as he got cleared of Pov? Of course he isn't. Joshua got called out by Martin because in Martin's own words both Fury and Wilder were busy with high level defenses and he didn't want his to look weak compared to Wilder-Povetkin or Fury-Klitschko II. Martin does have the mind of a great champion just not the skills, poor lad.

Alrighty, y'all have a good'en.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        The clarify, I was speaking mostly from the perspective of 2015. The Johann fight was something like september 2015.

I hate to be a stickler about this, but it's 2016-2017 the guys you listed start their push. Wilder is still very much tied up by Povetkin. The reason I keep reiterating Povetkin isn't to detract from Povetkin it's to explain all these fights from 2015-2017 from Johann to Bermane were short notice. Which causes scheduling conflicts that are not Wilder's fault. He had to wait for Pov to ask for a delay before he could react to it.

Funnily enough I actually consider myself a Wlad fan. He was great in a time when only perfecting the most basic combo in boxing, footwork on tracks, and a slow pace would absolutely smash anyone else. If Wlad wasn't champion some short fat joker with bad form and even worse posture would have been. I am grateful for Wlad. However, if he had anything else to him or any statement to make about his juxtaposition in the ATG ranks he had ample opportunity and perfect opposition to do it with. It's not Wlad's lack of range of skills, or his resume, or his lack of performance, it's the fact that he's all three that really drag him down. Wlad is only impressive in Wlad's time. I don't believe he'd be champion in any other era.

Wilder's not had Wlad's position yet. Joshua has and Fury has but Wilder has yet to be the man everyone is trying to fight. If Wilder gets in Wlad's position and starts carrying men rounds they did not earn I will come down on Wilder too. It isn't that I think Wilder's done better it's that I forgive the lack of given his situation.

Deontay fought nearly 10 time the year he debuted. By contrast the fast tracked joshua fought 3. You know plenty of old'ens like myself brag about how often the old school fought. What they never bring up is in boxing when you can get meaningful fights you get often fights.

I can think of no better example than Harry Kid Matthews. Not alot of people give Kid any time because he was just a contender in the Marciano era that Marciano KO'd rather easily during his push. It could have been an elim but I don't recall for sure. Either way, Kid had a hard time securing fights because he'd come up from 130. So he goes on a nearly 60 fight win streak. Because if you can't get a name you have to beat everyone around them first, sometimes twice. Once you've limited that name's opposition by beating them and taking their position the name has no choice but to admit you are the best challenge and not fighting you at this point is a blatant duck, which used to mean more.

Mike Tyson is notorious for having a weak early resume. He's also a man who the year he debuted fought something like fifteen fights.

Foreman 13 or 14.

Deontay is not avoiding competition, his team did not avoid competition, they are simply forced by juxtaposition to the same path everyone who is avoided and/or unknown has had to follow. I do not think it's coincidence these men are all punchers.

Alright well I'll explain why he fought Gavern. Because at the time Joshua was securing fights in the WBC to work his way up into mando position. He fought Gavern for the same reason Wilder did, Gavern's a lesser belt gatekeeper. Something of a necessity. The BBBoC is also WBC and you'll notice all the way up until Martin Joshua was fighting for BBBoC belts and WBC lesser titles like international champ. The WBC wanted them to. Joshua adheres to the same principles when he is in the same position. The only real thing you need to ask yourself is do you believe Wilder was promoted as well as Joshua or near it. The answer should be no, and if it is then it should be easy to accept Joshua is going to have the pick of the litter while Wilder deals with leftovers happy to wait on their payday and work the ABC rankings. Prior to having his position and choices Joshua fought men who do nothing for his resume as well. He did it because they helped his career. Wilder's been in that position his whole career.

In the shadow of Wlad, Fury, and Joshua there can only be ****ty fights. Wilder's couldn't even block Martin-Glaz and get himself into that fight. IBF was not having it and the WBC was not having it. I mean c'mon, Glaz and Martin are walks and the IBF is a title. Do you really believe Wilder was scared to fight Martin or Glazkov then but landed Ortiz and Fury as soon as he got cleared of Pov? Of course he isn't. Joshua got called out by Martin because in Martin's own words both Fury and Wilder were busy with high level defenses and he didn't want his to look weak compared to Wilder-Povetkin or Fury-Klitschko II. Martin does have the mind of a great champion just not the skills, poor lad.

Wilder fought 1 time the year he debuted, get your facts straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
          Wilder fought 1 time the year he debuted, get your facts straight.
          eh? What is a twelve month span?

Comment

eh? What is a twelve month span?
            I don't like people spread misinformation. You either not very smart and don't know calendar or you are a liar. No point lying, Joshua fought more often in his first year than Wilder, don't understand why you try to lie about it, not like it matters who is fighting more the first pro year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
              I don't like people spread misinformation. You either not very smart and don't know calendar or you are a liar. No point lying, Joshua fought more often in his first year than Wilder, don't understand why you try to lie about it, not like it matters who is fighting more the first pro year.
              Bubba you're seeing unfair treatment where you like. I treated Marciano and Wilder the same way. It was in no way a detraction against Joshua....I really don't understand your conflict and don't know how to address it.

I'm shooting from memory kiddo, if I'm off by a couple numbers it isn't a big deal and doesn't detract from the point I raised.

I suspect what has happened is you took it as a slight against Joshua. Let me be clear; fighting worthwhile names is in no way a bad thing. I'm not attack Joshua I'm explaining why Wilder fought more often.

Wilder was on the classic open with a big year and fight six a year after that until you're in position. Joshua started out similarly but kept getting better fights than is usual for a man in his position. Those fights required full training camps which limited how many fights Josh could get in a year.

If you get a bug in your ass and pull up boxrec I promise you this by a twelve year period every twelve year period, hell I'll even give you leeway weeks, Joshua will not have as many fights on his record in a twelve year span as Wilder. That's because Joshua was fighting better opposition earlier.

Joshua doesn't get to be number one in every regard no matter how much you want to believe he is. In regards to who fought more often it is clearly Wilder.

Comment

Bubba you're seeing unfair treatment where you like. I treated Marciano and Wilder the same way. It was in no way a detraction against Joshua....I really don't understand your conflict and don't know how to address it.

I'm shooting from memory kiddo, if I'm off by a couple numbers it isn't a big deal and doesn't detract from the point I raised.

I suspect what has happened is you took it as a slight against Joshua. Let me be clear; fighting worthwhile names is in no way a bad thing. I'm not attack Joshua I'm explaining why Wilder fought more often.

Wilder was on the classic open with a big year and fight six a year after that until you're in position. Joshua started out similarly but kept getting better fights than is usual for a man in his position. Those fights required full training camps which limited how many fights Josh could get in a year.

If you get a bug in your ass and pull up boxrec I promise you this by a twelve year period every twelve year period, hell I'll even give you leeway weeks, Joshua will not have as many fights on his record in a twelve year span as Wilder. That's because Joshua was fighting better opposition earlier.

Joshua doesn't get to be number one in every regard no matter how much you want to believe he is. In regards to who fought more often it is clearly Wilder.
                Stop talking shyt and just admit you were wrong. I don't like people making up stuff so grow up kid and just admit talking crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
                  I only doubt it, I definitely can't speak for all UK boxing fans .. it's just I remember fans demanding Danny Williams vs Audley Harrison and that was before social media was massive like it is now .. I'm just not seeing the same kind of hype around Chisora vs Whyte II even in the live boxing chat I'm on for most UK cards .. but I had forgotten about Chisora's big win over Takam though I haven't seen it mentioned since the night they fought I think which is a bit weird.

I've no complaints about it personally, just felt Whyte used (or teased) us fans in the hope it would force Chisora to stop pricing himself out of the rematch (by calling out Ortiz who then accepted the fight on the suggested date)
                  That's fine then but personally I don't have interest in that Ortiz match up for now. Maybe later in the future the interest will come up again and we will see the fight.

Comment

Foreman 13 or 14.

So it could be better and is still worse than Wlad or AJ but it's not entirely his fault, largely due to poor promotion.

Some guys on here would dispute that it is better that's what I originally thought you was saying lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                      So it could be better and is still worse than Wlad or AJ but it's not entirely his fault, largely due to poor promotion.

Some guys on here would dispute that it is better that's what I originally thought you was saying lol.
                      No worries bubba, it was a pleasure speaking with you.

Comment

Working...
                      X