Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanderlei Silva cites condition for fourth fight with ‘fat’ ‘Rampage’ Jackson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanderlei Silva cites condition for fourth fight with ‘fat’ ‘Rampage’ Jackson

Quinton Jackson wants to even the score with his longtime rival Wanderlei Silva, and “The Axe Murderer” is open to fighting him a fourth time — with one condition.

Silva, who beat “Rampage” twice by knockout inside the PRIDE ring, but lost their third fight under the UFC banner almost a decade ago, heard Jackson’s recent comments on The MMA Hour, promising “another ass whooping” against the Brazilian.

Both Silva and “Rampage” are coming off decision losses to Chael Sonnen, and the Brazilian told Gazeta do Povo that he wants to have the home field advantage this time.

”I will (talk to Bellator president Scott Coker), but I want to do this rematch with ‘Rampage’ at Arena da Baixada, in Curitiba,” said Silva, citing the soccer stadium that held UFC 198 in 2016. “I’ll put this as a condition, to be in my hometown. Then it would be worth the effort. Money alone isn’t worth it, it has to be something more, and that would be fighting in front of my friends in Curitiba.”

Silva said that he has already spoken with Atletico Paranaense officials and they are open to hosting a Bellator event in the stadium, and will discuss the idea with the Bellator next month.

Jackson hasn’t competed at 205 pounds since 2014, and Silva, who fought many times at heavyweight under the PRIDE banner, is open to competing in the weight class once again.

”I’m kind of big, too, with 229 pounds,” he said. “I’m training a bit stronger. He’s fat. I want to beat him up like a roly-poly toy. I’d beat him up. I hate him so much.

”That knockout he gave me (at UFC 92), hit a lucky hand on my chin. And after I went down he went there and landed another one. I hate him. I only wait for the next one to return the favor. It will be a brawl, the way people want.”
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-09-2018, 03:20 AM.

Might as well, both are clearly past it, Rampage more because he doesn't give a ****. With that said Rampage by KO, he hasn't taken a whole lot of damage since his pride days most his losses he's outwrestled. Wandy is shot as hell. Might as well even the score

Comment

Seems like a fight Bellator would do. I don't hate it. If these old mfers who just phoning it in for a check are still fighting at least get them fighting each other. Make sh^t a lil more interesting & fun at least.

Comment

"And after I went down he went there and landed another one, I hate him"

fcvk is this fool crying about??

like he didnt do the same to rampage back in pride when he whooped on rampage he kept going. he didnt stop right away. he did more damage to rampage back in pride than rampage did to him in the ufc!

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          "And after I went down he went there and landed another one, I hate him"

fcvk is this fool crying about??

like he didnt do the same to rampage back in pride when he whooped on rampage he kept going. he didnt stop right away. he did more damage to rampage back in pride than rampage did to him in the ufc!
          yeah, i was surprised too that wandy would claim to "hate him". i cant say i see any reason for it either. rampage even supported wanderlei when he was doing his whole campaign against the ufc, despite still being under contract with them himself (rampage) and sort of ****ing up his relationship with them as a result.

how it was a "lucky" punch i have no clue either.. maybe wanderlei is just one of these guys who cant accept defeat and handles it like Little kids. he does seem to "hate" a lot of people in mma for strange reasons..

Comment

Bring it on.

I'm actually starting to enjoy these way past-it fighters who still have lingering beefs/unanswered questions settle it in Bellator.

Bellator knows how to promote, and build them up.

This would be a 50/50 fight IMO.

Let them both juice up to the gills as well like they were both doing back in PRIDE.

Comment

Working...
            X