No announcement yet.

Lavar Ball has changed college and professional basketball forever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Good college sports are fake amateur anyways. Paying coach millions and everybody else except the players.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
      The JBA wasn't about giving young guys a path to make money, it was about spiting UCLA for suspending Gelo and to promote the Ball bros and BBB.

I doubt this league will exist once Lamelo turns 20.
      The JBA was talked about before Gelo was suspended. Lavar has talked about the NCAA exploiting kids for a while. Not sure what you're talking about. But ok

I doubt the league will exist another 6 months. The NBA just copied it. Of course kids are going to pick the G-League over JBA.

Comment

The NBA G-League announced today that they'll be giving elite 18 y/o's the opportunity to skip college and join the G-League. They'll be able to hire agents, get endorsement deals, and be paid to play. It's a path to the NBA.

This copies the JBA league which was started by Lavar Ball last year.
        Good news. F**ck make all the money for those coaches and schools and not getting any of it.

Comment

Such wonderful news....

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Well this is going to make it a lot harder for the NCAA to maintain it's position that student athletes shouldn't be getting paid. The G-league will certainly offer some kind of pay.

The NCAA offers the glamor of being on primetime tv for many of them, but that might not be enough.
            If a good number of promising highschoolers go to the G-League, I believe viewership will increase.

Comment

The JBA was talked about before Gelo was suspended. Lavar has talked about the NCAA exploiting kids for a while. Not sure what you're talking about. But ok

I doubt the league will exist another 6 months. The NBA just copied it. Of course kids are going to pick the G-League over JBA.
              lol you're just making up stuff.

Lavar never talked about JBA before Gelo got suspended.

Comment

He sure did. Instead of breeding three NBA prospects, he only bred one who already lost his starting job to a 36 year old man with no jumpshot.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  He sure did. Instead of breeding three NBA prospects, he only bred one who already lost his starting job to a 36 year old man with no jumpshot.

Comment

Working...
                  X