No announcement yet.

The case for floyd higher on ATG list than Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
    Well that’s Oscar fault if he wasn’t such a coward and didn’t duck Floyd for all those years then he could’ve fought him when he was younger. But we all know Floyd would have demolished him at 147. All those guys were running scared ironic enough Gatti was the only one to step up

Kostya Tsyzu Mosley and Oscar all were running scared and making excuses and that’s FACTS.

https://youtu.be/OPJhvYXKZK8

Lol at my tooth hurts smh pathetic almost as pathetic as No Mas. I’m just saying. Peace

Are you trying to rewrite history for your hero Floyd?

Mosley had asked Floyd when he was at 135 if Floyd would move up to 135 but Floyd said no, he wanted to stay at 130 to break a record for most wins in that division. In other words, stay there as long as Mosley is at 135! Floyd even admitted to that on air that night after the fight!

Even the tooth incident was not quite accurate. Mosley had just fought 2 times that year and was already planning to take some time off so the November date made no sense for him. He had said that he would be willing to fight Floyd a month or 2 later than November. Floyd didn't want to do that and instead fought Baldomir!!!! Why fight Baldomir instead of Mosley when he was planning to retire? WOW! I remember Mosley bringing all of this up in interviews.

The other poster already wrote about Kostya Tsyzu.

Oscar was basically at 147/154 while Floyd was at lower weights! So calling out Oscar was like me calling out someone when I know that there would not be a fight happening. Once Floyd moved up to at least 147, Oscar was basically retired and more of a promoter. When he decided to come back, he fought Floyd.

So think about it. If you were Oscar or Mosley, when would you have had a better chance of beating Floyd in their prime or when Floyd was in his prime and they were ready to retire? So how can you say that they were running scared? It doesn't even make any sense!!! They fought Floyd when they lost almost all of their advantages!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

Mosley had asked Floyd when he was at 135 if Floyd would move up to 135 but Floyd said no, he wanted to stay at 130 to break a record for most wins in that division. In other words, stay there as long as Mosley is at 135! Floyd even admitted to that on air that night after the fight!

Even the tooth incident was not quite accurate. Mosley had just fought 2 times that year and was already planning to take some time off so the November date made no sense for him. He had said that he would be willing to fight Floyd a month or 2 later than November. Floyd didn't want to do that and instead fought Baldomir!!!! Why fight Baldomir instead of Mosley when he was planning to retire? WOW! I remember Mosley bringing all of this up in interviews.

The other poster already wrote about Kostya Tsyzu.

Oscar was basically at 147/154 while Floyd was at lower weights! So calling out Oscar was like me calling out someone when I know that there would not be a fight happening. Once Floyd moved up to at least 147, Oscar was basically retired and more of a promoter. When he decided to come back, he fought Floyd.

So think about it. If you were Oscar or Mosley, when would you have had a better chance of beating Floyd in their prime or when Floyd was in his prime and they were ready to retire? So how can you say that they were running scared? It doesn't even make any sense!!! They fought Floyd when they lost almost all of their advantages!

Floyd at lightweight calling out Shane and Oscar at 147 is the same as Mikey calling out Spence. Everyone knows its not going to happen. Its quite funny to see floyd boys hang on to that soooo tigtht. “He called them out, he called them out”.

Calling someone out doesnt mean **** unless you are willing to get in their face and move up to their weight. Floyd did neither.

Comment

You said that Floyd wouldn't have lost, is like you said, a matter of opinion!

Floyd didn't fight SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Barkley, …. so again, saying that Floyd would not have quit in those fights is just a matter of opinion! Floyd never even fought in 15 round fights.

Duran height and reach was less than Floyd's yet he went and fought up at middle weight against Hagler and even higher divisions. Duran also fought until 50. Floyd does those 2 things against fighters such as Hagler, …. I'm sure that he would be having a different record too!

Take on fights with "risk" and Floyd would have lost his "0" a long time ago but people would have appreciated the "risk" taking.

“He lost to some bums that Floyd would never lose to.“

Do you think a 31 year old Mayweather loses to European champion Kirkland Laing like Duran did? Do you think a 34 year old Floyd losses to Robbie Simms like Duran did. Floyd was 36-37 3yrs away from 40 and still fighting heavy hitters/champions/top contenders so don’t give me that excuse. Now we’re using Iran Barkley as an example. I swear y’all only use these older generation fighters because of their name/nostalgia. Iran Barkley was heavy handed but I don’t see Floyd losing to him if they fought at a weight that was comfortable for both. But see that’s how great Floyd is you have to use way bigger guys who fought at middleweight, LHW and Heavyweight to discredit him because I believe Barkley had a couple fights at Heavyweight.

“Duran also fought until 50”

Floyd was fighting until he was 40 so what’s your point? And Floyd also never quit in the middle of a fight either.
        He turned his back and quit and if it wasn’t for that boxer on pbc who walked out the ring a few weeks ago he’d be responsible for the most cowardice moment in boxing, he moves to number two now. I know for a FACT You’d have to KO mayweather cold because he is not quitting.

Duran fought until he was 50 because he had to. That’s not Floyd fault at all, if you keep chasing glory you’ll ultimately mess your legacy up and that goes for Floyd too. If he comes back and lose no1 is going to say oh he’s old he should have lost. Nope! You all only use them type of excuses when it fits your agenda.There’s going to be 20 threads about how he was over rated etc

“yet he went and fought up at middle weight”

So did Kell Brook and Amir Khan moved up and even Rigo. Are we going to give all them credit(participation trophy) for moving up in weights they never fought at??? You all kill me giving these older generation credit for fights they lost. You didn’t do that for Brook Khan or Rigo.
        Floyd fought in just as many weight classes as Duran did only difference is he won titles in them.
        Yes Duran moved up but it really wasn’t by choice it was by force he was not disciplined outside the ring as far as boxing lifestyle compared to Floyd. So that’s why he had to fight at weights he knew he had no buisness at. FM didn’t do drugs or drink, Duran was an alcoholic who didn’t take care of his body like FM. So credit to FM for being a fitness freak and disciplined to stay in shape 24/7 and that’s another reason Floyd is better

"I hung out with my low-life friends, who never had any money, as well as the millionaires," he wrote. "Night after night, we partied until everything was just one big haze.
        "It got to the point where I weighed 200 pounds! - Duran

This is why he moved up in weights let’s not try to spin it as anything else.
        Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 10-12-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
          Floyd at lightweight calling out Shane and Oscar at 147 is the same as Mikey calling out Spence. Everyone knows its not going to happen. Its quite funny to see floyd boys hang on to that soooo tigtht. “He called them out, he called them out”.

Calling someone out doesnt mean **** unless you are willing to get in their face and move up to their weight. Floyd did neither.
          Did Mikey Garcia move up to WW after he called out Spence like Floyd did????? lmaooo He called Oscar and Shane out on January 2005 he fought his first Welterweight fight on November 2005 lmaooooo. What horrible excuse do you have now It just shows you how biased youall are and I really think it’s something else.
          I bet you feel stupid you really thought you had it figured out. Everybody on the HBO broadcast know them dudes didn’t want to fight Floyd at that time from Roy Jones to Lampley. Even Roy said the risk is too high for them to fight Floyd.

Calling someone out doesnt mean **** unless you are willing to get in their face and move up to their weight. Floyd did neither

He moved up to their weight same year he called them out. Stick to hockey

Comment

Your entire post is wrong and it’s obvious by all the lol smiley faces. You hate a fighter so much that you would lie just to make a point. Shane never approached FM it was the other way around I have pretty much every issue of The Ring dating back to the 70s. The fight was heavily anticipated and many thought the fight would happen. Floyd would’ve moved up to 135 to fight him FYi Mosley had 3 fights at 135 in 99 and fought one of them after FM challenged him it was a CLEAR duck.

You can’t erase history even with Balco/Conte FM still beats him anytime of the day

Comment

• I just watched duran vs leonard, mayweather would SCHOOL duran LMFAO

Comment

https://youtu.be/OPJhvYXKZK8

The interview with Shane starts at :50 seconds tell me where he said “he would fight him a month or two later” like you said. He tried to hide behind Margarito tbh. Lmaooooo you’re wrong about everything you just come here to troll and lie. I’m bringing facts you’re bringing distorted lies. So what is the real reason you don’t like FM that you’d have to make up stuff. When did you start watching boxing?

Im killing you lol and any unbiased person will tell you that

Comment

Are you trying to rewrite history for your hero

Floyd fought at 147 the same year he called Oscar out smart guy. Come up with a better excuse because that ain’t it son. At least brush up on boxing history before you come here making up lies. You know nothing about boxing you just come here to troll. What’s the next excuse.

Lmaooo that logic applies to FM also. He wasn’t in his Prime when he fought Mosley unless you consider 34 being prime. Honestly, do you even know what you’re talking about or are you trolling? Do you even know what prime means? You just talking now lmao. I can say they were running scared because they didn’t want to fight him when he was brutally beating down opponents. You do know Floyd has birthdays right? He doesn’t stay the same age bro
                  Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 10-12-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Hank Lundy can't even beat a dead man. Damn.
                    Typo boy lol what happened to that dude anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      Cant tell if you are kidding or not. Robinson was ahead on all cards and retired due to heat exhaustion.

The fight took place 2 days after a torrential rains postponed the fight, and on one of the hottest days recorded in newyork history.

If you have ever lived on the east coast, you know what that humid after rain heat does, then throw you under the hot lights.

I mean honestly, it was so hot, they had to swap out the ref after the 10th round due to him suffering from heat exhaustion himself.

If you watch the fight, you can see it was the heat that got to SRR not Joey Maxim. You could see the heat just start to sap the energy from SRR, who was not known for stamina issues by around the 9th round.
                      I like this! I like a non biased opinion. It seems like “certain” fighters get the benefit of doubt for everything. If FM had won in that fashion we’d CERTAINLY never hear the end of it. There would be all types of conspiracy theories like the fight was fixed. Heck they barely give him credit for Victor Ortiz.

I mean Joey barely won 2 rounds but if you look at these comments you’d swear he beat SRR down. It’s so obvious they never seen the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X