Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder says he can make $100 million in the Fury Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good promotion strategy on his part, but let's be real, he'll be lucky to make $15M.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      there is no way it cracks anywhere near a million buys in usa
      I bet it does

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        It's always fun seeing these kind of projections before the fight. Wilder-Fury is a great fight but it will do Golovkin-Lemieux, Golovkin-Jacobs, Ward-Kovalev I & II numbers. Mid-100s.
        I'd take the over 150k buys easy. US fans tend to like HW's. If they do even half ass promotion on this the rest of the way I think it goes over your projections for sure.

Comment

I believe him. Haymon pays his fighters good and under the table. He doesn’t want any of the miserable promoter to run to the courts again. Besides Joshua no other current heavy of light heavyweight is worth more than him

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
            why has wilder never done ppv then ?

because thats why aj does ppv for the reasons u listed
            There hasn’t been a reason to do a PPV before. This isn’t the UK where every bloody boxing match is a $19 PPV. In the last two years I can only think of two PPV fights not counting this one

Wilder vs Ortiz could have been a PPV, but hard to hype/promote a fight where only one guy knows English unless it’s a grudge match

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I'd take the over 150k buys easy. US fans tend to like HW's. If they do even half ass promotion on this the rest of the way I think it goes over your projections for sure.
              I think it goes over 150. Maybe 300 hundred ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I hope it does, but my prediction is under 200K.

Comment

Lol

Fight won’t sell 100k

Keep dreaming to be Joshua wilder

Comment

Yeah and I'm going to quarterback the patriots next week vs the chiefs. Tune in folks, should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      One thing that I think that a lot of UK/European/foreign viewers don’t understand is that in North America (Canada/USA. Obviously Mexico and Central America are different) is heavyweight crazy. Casuals don’t need to know who either guy is, it’s being promoted as heavyweight championship among two giants with undefeated records. That will get the casual fans attention more than two top P4P guys in a smaller weight class. That’s just how it works.
                      Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      There hasn’t been a reason to do a PPV before. This isn’t the UK where every bloody boxing match is a $19 PPV. In the last two years I can only think of two PPV fights not counting this one

Wilder vs Ortiz could have been a PPV, but hard to hype/promote a fight where only one guy knows English unless it’s a grudge match
                      thats what i thought

u say the bolded yet u have no heavyweight ppvs yet plenty of smaller weight ppvs

why is that ?

Comment

Working...
                      X