No announcement yet.

EXCLUSIVE: Tyson Fury to train in BIG BEAR for the Wilder fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TysonFuryTBE View Post
    My sources spoke to Tyson who revealed that for this training camp he's going to be going to big bear and training for the wilder fight. He also revealed that he will be sparring big Joe Joyce and others who names I cannot mention.

So what do you boxing experts make of this? Good decision to be changing training camps right before a big fight? Tyson has only ever trained in Manchester and he had a training facility in Holland Netherlands too which many don't know about.

I'm not sure what to make of this, so putting it out to you experts get your opinions on it.

Who's alt is this?

Jump on the bandwagon while it's hot folks, Fury won't be stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Like I said, where are all these great examples of it increasing stamina? If the fight was to take place in altitude it would help, but does it help otherwise? I mean it is a good area in terms of it being isolated and not much to do but train.
      Sh^t I ain't the guy to ask. I don't really even track where mfers are training, but I'd assume there are people who can answer that.

But by this theory of it helping fighters, shouldn't training and playing in the altitude help the Denver Nuggets out when playing other teams? Spoiler alert, it only helps them when they play at home and the opposing team who is not used to of playing in the altitude has to play there.
      How does that work out? Opponents have less stamina in Denver, but Denver players don't have more stamina outside of Denver? Seems like one of those statements would need to be the opposite to prove stamina does or doesn't improve in high altitude. It would seem like inconclusive results.

I don't watch any non-combat sports so this is all news to me & legit curious now that its been brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Sh^t I ain't the guy to ask. I don't really even track where mfers are training, but I'd assume there are people who can answer that.

How does that work out? Opponents have less stamina in Denver, but Denver players don't have more stamina outside of Denver? Seems like one of those statements would need to be the opposite to prove stamina does or doesn't improve in high altitude. It would seem like inconclusive results.

I don't watch any non-combat sports so this is all news to me & legit curious now that its been brought up.
        Opponents get tired quicker playing in the altitude and tend to gas out fairly early in the games. Just some background, a few years ago Eastern Conference teams had loss 40 consecutive games at Denver when playing on a back to back.

But when Denver plays on the road, all that training in the altitude does nothing. They are much better at home compared to the road. Granted, most teams are better at home compared to the road, but they take it to another level, especially on back to backs.

The point I'm making to you, that training in altitude ONLY helps when they play in the altitude. And it has more so to do with the opponent not being used to the conditions rather than the Nuggets being in so much better shape.

Comment

The altitude thing works to a certain degree during a camp. Your body gets used to reduced oxygen which makes things tougher obviously..... but for it to have an effect you would need to train as hard as someone as lower altitude, and that's what people don't know......... if someone does 20 minutes at high altitude does it equal 30 minutes at lower altitude?

I follow guys like Frampton and Saunders and they constantly use altitude rooms and tents while training..... you don't need to go to high altitude to get the effect. there's obviously a science behind it if Ingle and Moore are strapping oxygen masks to people while they are running.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Altitude decreases your white blood cells iirc, I was in Denver before for work, and also being a boxer, I took advantage of being able to run over there. It does help your stamina but really only while you're there, in my experience. Not much of a carry over once you leave the altitude.

It helps the Nuggets when playing opponents at home because it takes some adjusting to get used to the change in blood cell count, you feel winded easier, so for those home games, Nuggets players are used to the elevation, teams travelling from lower elevation cities are not.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Opponents get tired quicker playing in the altitude and tend to gas out fairly early in the games. Just some background, a few years ago Eastern Conference teams had loss 40 consecutive games at Denver when playing on a back to back.

But when Denver plays on the road, all that training in the altitude does nothing. They are much better at home compared to the road. Granted, most teams are better at home compared to the road, but they take it to another level, especially on back to backs.

The point I'm making to you, that training in altitude ONLY helps when they play in the altitude. And it has more so to do with the opponent not being used to the conditions rather than the Nuggets being in so much better shape.
              Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Altitude decreases your white blood cells iirc, I was in Denver before for work, and also being a boxer, I took advantage of being able to run over there. It does help your stamina but really only while you're there, in my experience. Not much of a carry over once you leave the altitude.

It helps the Nuggets when playing opponents at home because it takes some adjusting to get used to the change in blood cell count, you feel winded easier, so for those home games, Nuggets players are used to the elevation, teams travelling from lower elevation cities are not.
              So this whole high altitude training to improve stamina for lower altitude competition might be the don't have sex weeks before a fight bs all over again lol?

I never thought about this sh^t too hard I guess. But yea Denver sports teams would seem like a good place to look for or against evidence its a thing or not a thing or kinda a thing if you happen to have a fight at high altitude.

Although I guess it does breed a toughness that might be hard to duplicate elsewhere even if it isn't a measurable improvement in stamina that could be positive in a fight not unlike refraining for sex for awhile before a fight can be a net positive for many fighters as well despite the "women weaken legs" bs story.

Comment

Working...
              X