Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Commey: If I Have To Beat Teofimo Lopez To Get Loma - So Be It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    “I would never overlook a fighter especially one like Ray Beltran. Yes, I’d love to fight Lomachenko and if I have to go through Teofimo Lopez to get that opportunity so be it. It doesn’t really matter who’s in the other corner to me, I know I am the best lightweight in the world and I am going to demonstrate that against Beltran in California next week.” - Richard Commey

Commey is saying the right things but I have to throw shade at Lou DiBella! I like Lou, but this was too much! Beltran and Lopez, just to get a shot at Lomachenko? It's great for Top Rank, but I think that's a little disrespectful!
    Toprank have options after he won the title they have to deliver dates for him they can't just sideline him Lopez will be a mandatory and Ray is too old now should be a nice tuneup

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Toprank have options after he won the title they have to deliver dates for him they can't just sideline him Lopez will be a mandatory and Ray is too old now should be a nice tuneup
      I know how Bob set it up, but I still think it's a little disrespectful! Should be Commey vs. Lopez, and winner gets Loma after he whoops on Campbell!

Comment

“I would never overlook a fighter especially one like Ray Beltran. Yes, I’d love to fight Lomachenko and if I have to go through Teofimo Lopez to get that opportunity so be it. It doesn’t really matter who’s in the other corner to me, I know I am the best lightweight in the world and I am going to demonstrate that against Beltran in California next week.” - Richard Commey

Commey is saying the right things but I have to throw shade at Lou DiBella! I like Lou, but this was too much! Beltran and Lopez, just to get a shot at Lomachenko? It's great for Top Rank, but I think that's a little disrespectful!
        You know Commey pulled out of a unification fight with Loma already because of some minor injury he had in camp right? That's why Loma fought his mando Crolla instead. Commey only has himself to blame

Comment

Originally posted by jojack269 View Post
          Haha you guys are funny criticising every fighters do you lot actually like boxing or do you just like moaning about it
          Interesting that you bring that up, as I've been posting more about that, including a 6 paragraph exposition just yesterday. Also interesting that it was your first post since joining in February (although I suspect you are no stranger to the forum OR boxing).
          Rather than re-post the entire commentary I left, I'll just agree with you, and make this brief (and maybe leave a link to the post).

This Forum should be a haven where true fans come together to talk boxing, in an age where genuine, knowledgeable fans are hard to find. Instead, it's often a Fandom pissing match that breeds negativity, unapologetic slander, and profane bickering.
          It's not just between fans and toward the competitors either, it's often toward the sport itself.

Boxing is slightly unique in that this fanboy behavior is sort of a "necessary evil". You would think with so much dissatisfaction and animosity, dudes would simply lose interest, stop investing dollars, and turn away. It's my suspicion though, that we depend on the Fanboy persuasion to buy the tickets, apps, PPV's, T-shirts, etc...

I think if you were to ask these "fans", they will tell you that all of that negativity and classless behavior, is related to their love, passion, and devotion to the sport. A lack of civility and empathy is almost a symbolic right of passage, to losing the shameful 'Casual' label, and earning true hard-core fanboy status.

There's more to it, but you get the idea. The nature of boxing often attracts a certain shade of personality. It's also the internet, where its anonymous nature allows that "shade" to be the loudest or ugliest version of itself.

Peeaaccee !

Here's a link with more details, if interested... https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...4#post19844174

Comment

Originally posted by jojack269 View Post
            Dear Mayweather fanboy he got narrowly beat by salido and look at everyone he's beat so far and he's only had 14 fights not the p4p king in my eyes but can see how people would think so you people are funny how blind you are
            In addition to this loss being a narrow Split Decision, as well as Salido LOSING the title for being OVERWEIGHT, I also posted THIS, on another thread :

It's my suspicion that the loss to Salido doesn't carry as much weight as it could due to the context, as well as the content of the fight, meriting consideration. Loma had a long and stellar amateur career and already had some hype entering the pro ranks, whilst publicly calling for a title fight in his very first couple professional bouts. Even though he had the amateur experience and some hype, he was still green to a seasoned, rough professional like Salido.

Loma learned how professional boxing worked in that fight, and from that fight on, conducted himself differently in the ring. In that 2nd pro fight, he never once motioned or said anything to the ref about low blows, headbutts, elbows, or anything. Nor did his corner. After that education, Loma and his corner adopted a completely different demeanor and approach to professional boxing. In any fight post-Salido, you see him dishing out some of the dirty stuff Salido taught him, as well as communicating with the refs throughout fights. It's a night and day phenomenon, noticeable on film and apparently to boxing aficionados that rate boxing and form rankings.

So, given the context and content of that fight, taking an L in a title bout, being just the 2nd fight of his career, it doesn't carry the same weight as it would for a journeyman type, taking a loss against other newbies with less than 5 fights, just starting their pro career.

I took this from a post I made on another thread about Lomachenko. Here's the link...
            https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=817691

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              You know Commey pulled out of a unification fight with Loma already because of some minor injury he had in camp right? That's why Loma fought his mando Crolla instead. Commey only has himself to blame
              Why does it have to be a "minor" injury? Should've been Commey vs. Beltran, and Loma vs. Campbell, and winners fight for all the marbles! I'm not hating on the Commey vs. Lopez fight, I just think that's unfair to Commey!

Comment

Why does it have to be a "minor" injury? Should've been Commey vs. Beltran, and Loma vs. Campbell, and winners fight for all the marbles! I'm not hating on the Commey vs. Lopez fight, I just think that's unfair to Commey!
                I agree with that but Bob wants Lopez Vs Loma for all the marbles I guess

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Commey is going to VERY Difficult for young Lopez and could beat him. He Better be as Ready and as Good as he Says and Think he is in that match up

He beats Commey that instantly makes Loma vs Lopez PPV Worthy!
                  This.

Ill take commey over lopez at this moment in time, admittedly im a Commey fan, but you really could make the argument that he is still undefeated, i personally thought he beat both Easter & shafikov. If he catches the wide open Lopez, who has little defence, hes going to sleep, make no mistake about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    I agree with that but Bob wants Lopez Vs Loma for all the marbles I guess
                    It's not helping Lopez either, because that's even more time that he's trying to stay at 135, when Arum knows he's been having trouble making weight! The Beltran fight is a waste! Ray had his time, and lost to Pedraza! Ray is no tune up either! If Commey can fight Beltran, then his hand is good enough to fight Lopez too! We could've had Loma vs. Lopez in 2019, just like Teofimo Sr. wanted! Arum should've let Beltran fight Nakatani, and it would've fine by me!

Comment

It's not helping Lopez either, because that's even more time that he's trying to stay at 135, when Arum knows he's been having trouble making weight! The Beltran fight is a waste! Ray had his time, and lost to Pedraza! Ray is no tune up either! If Commey can fight Beltran, then his hand is good enough to fight Lopez too! We could've had Loma vs. Lopez in 2019, just like Teofimo Sr. wanted! Arum should've let Beltran fight Nakatani, and it would've fine by me!
                      It is good for Lopez because in this way he can capture a belt and make more money. Makes the Loma fight way way bigger if it is for undisputed with tons of cash for the young kid. I'm pretty sure he is happy with that. And yeah you are right. If Commey can fight Beltran, he also could have fought Loma right now instead. That's why I'm a bit harsh on the guy. Sounded like an excuse, but I get that he wants to be at his absolute best for Loma and Lopez. The Beltran fight is just to stay sharp I guess without too much risk

Comment

Working...
                      X