No announcement yet.

Can a fighter's chin be improved?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a fighter's chin be improved?

By doing neck weights and so on, do you think a fighter can improve their chin or will they just have to find ways to deal with it e.g Wladimir Klitschko

Yes it can. Just like anything you have to practice and drill it over and over. Get one of your sparring partners to punch you repeatedly everyday,and you'll be iron chinned in no time.

Comment

It can be improved, theoretically, but the difficulty of the process to strengthen muscles sufficiently more, like the neck, is a difficult and time consuming process, and in the long run doesn't make you much more durable. If you are chinny, that is the way it is. You won't become iron-chinned, just perhaps reinforce slightly. Think of it as glass - you can get double glazing, but the glass will still break if its hit with a baseball bat.

Also, durability is often as much mental as it is physical. It's almost impossible to change something sufficiently if it is ingrained within you.

Comment

I think it's mainly a mental thing so you can't do too much work on it.

Comment

It's all about sucking then *******.....where's Natas lol

Comment

Its like power, you either got it or you don't

Comment

When in the history of boxing has a fighter with a weak chin ever improved it? I imagine it takes such a multifaceted approach to improve your punch resistance that someone doing chin weights is doing like 1/10th of what they actually need to do to improve their "chin". I think it's a lot more than just chin, it's everything, every muscle, and your mind is as much of the problem as the physical flaws.

Comment

Careful match making has been proven to improve your chin.

Comment

Comment

Please see: Amir Khan's elite-level neck.

Comment

Working...
                    X