No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs Canelo: What Do You Think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
    Besides Marquez twice there was Bradley and now Rios whos only had 2 fights at 140 and none at 147
    so that equals to pac only fights 140 guys?? funny that u guys left out the other guys that wsdnt fought at 140.

Comment

If this is current Pac we're talking about, 55/45, Pac.

Prime Pac, 80/20, Pac.

Comment

I keep forgetting about the Golden Boy and Top Rank b.s. The best fighters deserve to fight each other for the fan's sake but business b.s., politics and ego get in the way of potential legendary fights. Stuff like this along with bad judges is what's bringing down boxing.
        Last edited by GhostBlade; 11-22-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Prime Manny would be the favorite and deservingly so. But, I would go with the underdog. This is much like what a lot of Floyd critics do these days. Suggest him in matchups where he's obviously at a major size disadvantage, Manny would be that to an even further extent. Canelo is way too big for Pacquiao. I don't believe it's a fight he can win. Not only is Canelo a big boy, but he's got a enough boxing ability to neutralize Manny. Just a bad matchup. Let Manny beat Rios, Alvarado, Ruslan and let him ride off in the sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
            his last 6 fights who was the 140 fighters besides marquez?? and im sure canelo will agree to come down to 152 if this fight ever did happen.
            his last 6 fights including rios

rios-only 2 fights at 140 0 at 147

2 fights with Jmm-1-3 at 147 and only 1 at 140

Bradley-coming up from 140

thats 4 fights out of 6

the other 2

Shane-hadnt won a fight in 2 years

Margo-unranked for a vacant title at 154 fighting at 150 after a year suspension

so out of his last 6 fights 4 were fighters coming from 140..he hasnt faced a top ww since 2009 in cotto

Comment

so that equals to pac only fights 140 guys?? funny that u guys left out the other guys that wsdnt fought at 140.
              yea how can we forget Shane who hadnt won in 2 years and Margo who was coming off of a year suspension and got a win over some turnip vendor and somehow got ranked at 154..or Clottey who was coming off of a lose to Cotto but somehow got a title shot

Comment

Firstly ive never said he only fights 140lbers.

Secondly he is a ww, i wouldnt mind seeing him fight legit ww's.

I got nothing against guys moving up to fight a champ but pac is starting to make a habit of it. Its been like 2 and a half years since he fought an old ass Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  i think around 160 fight night

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                    his last 6 fights including rios

rios-only 2 fights at 140 0 at 147

2 fights with Jmm-1-3 at 147 and only 1 at 140

Bradley-coming up from 140

thats 4 fights out of 6

the other 2

Shane-hadnt won a fight in 2 years

Margo-unranked for a vacant title at 154 fighting at 150 after a year suspension

so out of his last 6 fights 4 were fighters coming from 140..he hasnt faced a top ww since 2009 in cotto

May I ask who was at their natural weight at 147? Would you say Pac should be really fighting at 140 or 147? He could fight at both and most of the previous pac fights at 147. How many has he actually weighed in at 147 vs 142? I think it's more of a cushion for him than actually having to drop down to 147 like many boxers.

You forget Shane fought how many times in those 2 years? twice.

Margo wasn't a legit fight at the time? I think your looking at things in present tense vs what the common knowledge before Pac tore him down and retired him! CottoVSMarg was just a promotional fight and his eye became a problem because of Pac.

Do you think Rios was too big or too small for 140? Wasn't he complaining about the weight his last 140 fight?

Now, who else would you like Pac to fight right now? Maidana, Brook, Karass, Malignaggi? What a joke!

JMM and Bradley didn't want it with Pac because he owned them in situation. Bradley loss that fight. JMM was seconds away from being put to rest. **** happens!

Sorry to say but as others have mentioned. Rios has actually built a fan base as well as being a recognizable name because of how he is. His fights are exciting as well. It was common sense and only because he lost that fight to alvardo it's a problem.

Comment

people forget pac is a all around beast he BOXED oscar and made him quit on his stool yeah he was a zombie but that doesn't take away from the show manny put on he could do that same tactic to anyone bigger/stronger than him including canelos soft punk azz

Comment

Working...
                      X