Reality Check Time #1: Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
    How can he be Pound for Pound top 3?

he's "sort of" dominated an ok division and that's it.

Pac man
    Marquez
    PBF
    Martinez

all of these guys have moved through weight divisions and beaten better competition than Ward.

I'd even rank the Klitschkos higher as they have faced more variety and been more dominant.

Ward is fringe top 10 for me
    Thats why i said my personal P4P.
    Floyd
    Marquez
    Ward
    Martinez

Comment

Well you tell me who else in this era brawls the boxer, swarms the slugger, and boxes the brawler?

Comment

Ward is in my top 3 P4P also.

Comment

He has a good resume this far, for his spot in his career, and has loads of potential to become an ATG.

I really wish he was fighting Dawson at 175 or at least a CW of 172 or something. At 168, if he wins, no one is going to give him any credit.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            He has a good resume this far, for his spot in his career, and has loads of potential to become an ATG.

I really wish he was fighting Dawson at 175 or at least a CW of 172 or something. At 168, if he wins, no one is going to give him any credit.
            Why was Dawson so quick to say that he would go down to 68 to make the fight with Ward? Also, from what I understand, Dawson has been saying that he's wanted to move down to 68 for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
              here...here..
              This thread is uneeded, why would u call a fighter that young "Great" its impossible for him to be great, he's barely starting, and its not enough great fighters in the world for him to beat, to be called great....he has to beat chad, tavoris, pascal, Bute, and then he will be out of opponents.....he basically has to dominate over the next 20 yrs AFTER he beats those guys for him to be called great, cuz at this moment, its impossible, and its unfair to criticise him so early in his career

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                Why was Dawson so quick to say that he would go down to 68 to make the fight with Ward? Also, from what I understand, Dawson has been saying that he's wanted to move down to 68 for a while now.
                It's a good/solid fight. Would have been better at a CW around 172. Would have bene really big at 175.

I still give Ward credit if he beats Dawson at 168, but not as much as if it was at 175. At 175, it'd be a title in a 2nd weight class/2nd lineal title. It would be a big fight. I just don't see why Andre didn't seek out to fight him at 175. It would mean more.

Comment

Fight outside of Cali.............no Cali judges and he is ok with me......no need for those advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    It's a good/solid fight. Would have been better at a CW around 172. Would have bene really big at 175.

I still give Ward credit if he beats Dawson at 168, but not as much as if it was at 175. At 175, it'd be a title in a 2nd weight class/2nd lineal title. It would be a big fight. I just don't see why Andre didn't seek out to fight him at 175. It would mean more.
                    I understand what you're saying. And I too would like the fight to be at 175 because I think that's the obvious next stage in Ward's career. But still, Dawson said that he would go down to 68 to fight Ward. I understand the whole "he doesn't get this much credit" argument, but Dawson was the one that brought it up.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Fight outside of Cali.............no Cali judges and he is ok with me......no need for those advantages.
                      This would make sense if those judges actually robbed someone. And he didn't fight Froch in Cali BTW.

Comment

Working...
                      X