Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most underated boxers ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since his loss he's been underrated. it's easy looking bad against a guy with the skillset pbf has

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemDavidson View Post
      since his loss he's been underrated. it's easy looking bad against a guy with the skillset pbf has
      He looked mediocre against Urango as well and the Colombian isn't Pernell Whitaker.

Comment

Reggie Johnson is also underated. Have you seen his KO of William Guthrie? BRUTAL! He was also the first man to knock down Toney and got a very close SD against him. More names on his record: Steve Collins, Julio Cesar Gonzalez, Ole Klemetsen, Sanderline Williams and also a close SD loss against Tarver in which he had him down once.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
          Reggie Johnson is also underated. Have you seen his KO of William Guthrie? BRUTAL! He was also the first man to knock down Toney and got a very close SD against him. More names on his record: Steve Collins, Julio Cesar Gonzalez, Ole Klemetsen, Sanderline Williams and also a close SD loss against Tarver in which he had him down once.
          Speaking of Sanderline Williams, while I wouldn't truly call him underrated, he is certainly a much, much better fighter than his record indicates.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            Joe Brown
            Jimmy McLarnin
            Ken Buchanan
            Lloyd Marshall
            Harold Johnson
            Lloyd Marshall should be in the IBHOF.

Just look at the fighters he owns victories over:

Teddy Yarosz (Hall of Famer)
            Ken Overlin (Future Middleweight champion)
            Charley Burley (Hall of Famer)
            Ezzard Charles (Hall of Famer and arguably a top 10 fighter all-time)
            Jake LaMotta (Hall of Famer)
            Holman Williams (Hall of Famer)
            Joey Maxim (Hall of Famer)

That's 7 Hall of Famers that he owns wins over. And then he had wins against other really good fighters like Jack Chase and Shorty Hogue.

Eddie Booker also has a HOF resume but isn't in Canastota.

Comment

Humberto Soto
              luis collazo

Comment

Tyson Fury

Comment

Yeah I'd have to say Hatton, People think he is absoloutley abysmal now

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                    Yeah I'd have to say Hatton, People think he is absoloutley abysmal now
                    He is.......

Comment

I think Emanuel Augustus is underrated,.. ranked 74 in the world. I believe anyone in the top ten in welterweight division would consider him a risk.

I also liked Ahmed Kaddour who does not have a ranking, or has not fought in close to two years. The only two loses on his record were by judges decisions. I personaly believe he won both fights mentioned; With the proper backing, and sponsorship he could be a world champion.
                      Last edited by alanthony; 08-14-2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X