Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 30 Day Weight: Gennady Golovkin Comes in at 170-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone remind me again Mr. Anyone from 154-168 weighs 170 lbs 31 days before a fight needed to weight drain Ward to 164??? I know because HIS entire team KNEW he would lose. And his BEST and only chance was to drain him. But deep down they were MOSTLY preying Ward would turn it down like he did...

Comment

GGG came out of shape in to this camp

Comment

Lil g small middlweight doe

Comment

Originally posted by aceventura View Post
          That jacobs ass whooping made ggg eat more....
          I guess you and I saw a different fight I had GGG 8-4

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            170 isn't bad, but it's heavier than before, and combined with recent pics does give some cause for concern. It's just very strange - why would he change his regime before his biggest fight?
            He was 172 for Murray. They plan to come in heavy. 172-173. Heavy for the usual weight.

Comment

170 is on par with GGG's previous 30 day weigh ins. Sure he was 165lbs for the Jacobs fight at 30 days but maybe he felt it was light, as previously he came at up to 172lbs, usually around 170 for the 30 day weigh ins. So far, so good, then.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
                I guess you and I saw a different fight I had GGG 8-4
                sky sports and box nation had jacobs winning.... your scored card isnt the only one that matters.... go look at ggg's face when they read out the scores.... he took a deep breath and said PHEW because even he knew it was close...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  I always knew thats why they had him fighting 3-4 times a year instead of the usual 2 BIG fights a year the top P4Pers usually do. If your always in camp training for your quarterly fight you tend to stay in GREAT shape and can stick around at the weight class you want. If he fought 1-2 times a year he would have a hell of a time making MW. Just like Canelo would have zero problem staying at 154 if he fought 4 times a year. Ward the same for 168.
                  Ward doesn't look like the type to be swole like a Heavyweight now, maybe Cruiser at best, or rather, he doesn't look ''skinny'' as he used to be, looking at footage from Boone to Froch. metabolism and father time eventually take in, and now, Ward's frame and muscle mass seems about right for LHW to Cruiser, or a small overall Heavyweight by frame.

GGG should have been fighting at 168 for the last 3 years being a 2 division champ and hopefully a major fight at 175 at this age, who knows, a 3 division champ. And we know the classic narrative from Abel that all those weights up to 175 was hella easy.

Comment

He's looked fat ever since the Jacobs fight ended. Showed up at Canelo/Chavez heavier then we've seen. Showed up to the photo shoot with a gut, showed up to the press tour looking fleshy, the second promo shoot still looking heavy, the training camp photos looked heavy especially in the face and chin so not shocked that 30 days out he's heavier then recent fights.

Comment

Originally posted by aceventura View Post
                      sky sports and box nation had jacobs winning.... your scored card isnt the only one that matters.... go look at ggg's face when they read out the scores.... he took a deep breath and said PHEW because even he knew it was close...
                      Then they are blind. GGG outlanded and outboxed Jacobs in 9 out of 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X