Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to the heavyweight division when Wladimir Kiltschko retires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
    I don't know what will happen, but if no one has beaten Wlad at almost 39 then it would end up being a bigger joke then it is now. Wlad took over HW boxing after Lewis retired at 37 and no one then was able to beat Lewis. I mean had Wlad challenged Lennox when he was king, he would have left in an ambulance at 2 rounds max.
    It's actually good Wlad never fought Lennox in 2000-2003 like Wlad 'claimed' he wanted to.

Wladimir would probably have died literally.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
      It's actually good Wlad never fought Lennox in 2000-2003 like Wlad 'claimed' he wanted to.

Wladimir would probably have died literally.
      Wladamir was a journeyman in Lewis' era. He was literally being knocked out by other journeyman while Lewis was busy sealing his place in history.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
        That's outrageous. No they wouldn't. Now if Wilder KO Wlad............Americans will say he's legit and he would be. But if Wlad retires and Wilder KO a bunch of Euro Bums like Pulev and Povetkin, nobody will say he's the next Ali. That's absurd.

I have watched a lot of old Lennox Lewis fights recently. I'm telling you right now. Forget Lennox................I would pick Prime TONY TUCKER to give Pulev/Povetkin/Haye a very good fight. Probably even beat them. And they are Wlad's top wins...............

Think about it. The 6'5 rangy Tony Tucker that Lennox and Tyson beat up on would probably trouble Povetkin and maybe even beat him............That's how bad Wlad's resume is.

Just because you sleep with 100 ugly girls don't make you a stud.
        Tony Tucker would have easily beaten every fighter on Wlad's resume.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
          Tony Tucker would have easily beaten every fighter on Wlad's resume.
          So would Chuck Wepner. Easily.

Comment

And even if Wilder does KO wlad, how much credit will he get for KO'ing a 39 year old basically in the final part of his career? The next dominant heavyweight at very least has to beat Wlad to gain respect, after that depending on how dominant he is we can start talking about his place in history.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
              So would Chuck Wepner. Easily.
              You really don't think Tony Tucker would beat the likes of Haye and Byrd? I mean he gave Lennox Lewis himself a very tough fight.

Comment

Deontay Wilder is 29 already! He NEEDS to beat Wlad ASAP if he wants to be the next dominant heavyweight and be respected. Tyson Fury is 26, i'll give him one more year. Joshua is 25, he's got about 2 at which time Wlad will be 41

Comment

Working...
                X