No announcement yet.

Recent Kevin Rooney interview about Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    [I][B][FONT=Arial]I never said that was a fact, just an opinion.
    If you claim Rooney cared more about money than about Tyson himself then you have to either prove your claim or retract your statement. That's not an opinion. You should learn the diffirence between an opinion and a fact.

You can pretend that Rooney wasn't (isn't?) a degenerate gambler and an alcoholic. I know better. And this is a boxing message board which is always going to be full of speculation. That's why nobody has ever sued me.
    Rooney having addictions doesn't prove your claim at all. Rooney has always talked about how much he cared about Tyson, so I'm willing to believe him and everybody else who was actually around them that said the same thing, instead of you just because you said "believe me".

This is a reminder to me that even after all those years, there are boxing fans and there are Tyson fans
    I'm a Lewis fan first and foremost, but nice try at trying to label me some kind of nuthugger of a certain fighter. You aren't the first one to try and fail at that, though.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
      If you claim Rooney cared more about money than about Tyson himself then you have to either prove your claim or retract your statement. That's not an opinion. You should learn the diffirence between an opinion and a fact.
      How can anyone possibly prove for a fact that someone else cared more about money than a person's well being? Be reasonable. This is a boxing message board, not a court of law. So I retract nothing and offer no apologies.

Comment

How can anyone possibly prove for a fact that someone else cared more about money than a person's well being? Be reasonable. This is a boxing message board, not a court of law. So I retract nothing and offer no apologies.
        Right. Unless he can prove for a fact that Rooney cared more about Tyson than the money.

Comment

I never said that was a fact, just an opinion. You can pretend that Rooney wasn't (isn't?) a degenerate gambler and an alcoholic. I know better. And this is a boxing message board which is always going to be full of speculation. That's why nobody has ever sued me.

This is a reminder to me that even after all those years, there are boxing fans and there are Tyson fans.
          I'm actually partial to swarmers in general, particularly in the heavyweight division. I like Frazier, Marciano and Dempsey about the same as I do Tyson for the most part. He's the fastest and most powerful of the group, visually and not strictly relative to era and a massively entertaining fighter in his prime. I can see why people become irritated with a portion of his fan base, but what's done is done and he won't soon be forgotten.

Comment

[I][B][FONT=Arial]How can anyone possibly prove for a fact that someone else cared more about money than a person's well being?]
            Exactly, so why even make an extremely arrogant statement like that in the first place if you''re only offering your own assumptions? You don't understand that a statement like that can get annoyed reactions from people who like the guy? And again, you did not give an opinion. You do not seem to know what an opinion is.

Be reasonable. This is a boxing message board, not a court of law. So I retract nothing and offer no apologies.
            You said Rooney cared more about money than about Tyson, then you said believe "BELIEVE ME". I guess in your ideal world nobody should ask you for proof of that, right? Because it just would not be convenient for you if you couldn't make untrue comments without having to back anything up. I guess you put more effort into which color your posts are than actually trying to back up your claims.

Comment

Exactly, so why even make an extremely arrogant statement like that in the first place if you''re only offering your own assumptions? You don't understand that a statement like that can get annoyed reactions from people who like the guy? And again, you did not give an opinion. You do not seem to know what an opinion is.

You said Rooney cared more about money than about Tyson, then you said believe "BELIEVE ME". I guess in your ideal world nobody should ask you for proof of that, right? Because it just would not be convenient for you if you couldn't make untrue comments without having to back anything up. I guess you put more effort into which color your posts are than actually trying to back up your claims.
              I'm done wasting my time with your irrational arguments on this topic. Once again, you can't prove a persons true motivations. But I'm damn sure that I'm entitled to comment on them here . If you don't think so then you can report my posts to the moderator.

I don't understand what colors you're referring to. All my posts look the same to me. Sorry if I damaged your Catskills fantasies. I'm sure that you're determined to get the last word in, so go ahead...

Comment

I'm done wasting my time with your irrational arguments on this topic. Once again, you can't prove a persons true motivations. But I'm damn sure that I'm entitled to comment on them here . If you don't think so then you can report my posts to the moderator.

I don't understand what colors you're referring to. All my posts look the same to me. Sorry if I damaged your Catskills fantasies. I'm sure that you're determined to get the last word in, so go ahead...
                Don't get mad because someone called you out on it. You wanted us to believe you, but your assumptions aren't enough for me to believe Rooney was that evil that he only cared about money. I guess I have "catskills fantasies'' because I believe stories from people who were actually there.

I assure you I won't be able to make dissrespectful assumptions about fighters' lives with no proof, and then be delusional enough to think nobody will have a problem with that here. And I actually wouldn't have had as much of a problem with you if you weren't so blatantly arrogant saying the words "believe me" in your comment and then offering nothing. Get over your Tyson hate bro.

Comment

Don't get mad because someone called you out on it. You wanted us to believe you, but your assumptions aren't enough for me to believe Rooney was that evil that he only cared about money. I guess I have "catskills fantasies'' because I believe stories from people who were actually there.

I assure you I won't be able to make dissrespectful assumptions about fighters' lives with no proof, and then be delusional enough to think nobody will have a problem with that here. And I actually wouldn't have had as much of a problem with you if you weren't so blatantly arrogant saying the words "believe me" in your comment and then offering nothing. Get over your Tyson hate bro.

Obviously it escapes you that the expression "believe me" is just a figure of speech. But apparently for some reason it tripped your wire.

And I've never hated Tyson. Just his fans.

Comment

I've always been Tyson fan but never a nuthugger.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBoxer View Post
                      I've always been Tyson fan but never a nuthugger.
                      holy moly...what a BOMBASTIC booty o.O

Comment

Working...
                      X