Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: I Don't See Myself Retiring Without Fighting Errol Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter: I Don't See Myself Retiring Without Fighting Errol Spence

Shawn Porter has not given up on the goal of reclaiming his IBF welterweight world title. The 29-year-old Porter (27-2-1, 17 KOs) lost his title back in August of 2014, in a close points loss to Kell Brook. Porter had been targeting a Brook rematch for the last few years, but this past May the Sheffield fighter was dethroned by United States Olympian Errol Spence. Brook suffered a fractured orbital bone and was stopped in the eleventh round of the bout to lose his title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hope it happens soon,no one else wants spence.

Comment

Am actually surpise he said this. Many times he has called spence a good friend and wouldn't really entertain a fight between the two of them.

Comment

I would watch that, very intriguing fight stylistically

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Am actually surpise he said this. Many times he has called spence a good friend and wouldn't really entertain a fight between the two of them.
          Yeah, I actually thought Porter might have been a little intimidated by Spence from the way he was talking, this doesnt seem to be the case. Hopefully it happens fairly soon. A fight with Porter would be far more interesting that a fight with Peterson.

Comment

Seems premature for Porter to be thinking about retirement

Comment

Seems like a reasonable fight to happen if Porter keeps winning & Spence stays at 147 another 18-24 months.

Comment

Porter is the biggest warriror in that division, he'll put it on the line against anybody.. And what fight that would be. Spence gameplan usually involves hurting his opponent, and I can't think of the last time Porter was properly hurt

Comment

I'm a big fan of Porter. This guy has character, is fun to watch and is one of the nicest guys in the sport. He also seems to be a guy who does not avoid tough competition. War Shawn!

Comment

Like a true hungry champ! Doesnt make excuses like bumass garcia and thurman. Fights anyone anytime!

Comment

Working...
                    X