Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do regular 6ft+ big guys have an advantage over short buff guys in a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do regular 6ft+ big guys have an advantage over short buff guys in a fight?

I notice a lot of short guys (5'6 and below) get buff but they still look like kids. No offense, I have nothing against short people. Just an observation.

Originally posted by Frontman View Post
    I notice a lot of short guys (5'6 and below) get buff but they still look like kids. No offense, I have nothing against short people. Just an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      LMAO but to answer the question I've seen short guys beat taller guys using grappling and takedowns. Rarely can a shorter guy beat a much taller guy just standing up in the streets

Comment

Is this common when a short guy fights a big 6ft guy?

Comment

That GIF is a classic, lmao.

Comment

LMAO. The guy looks like Kevin Hart

Comment

9 times out of 10 a bigger guy will win.

Unless there is a sizable skill difference.

People who disagree are short, don't lift and have never had a fight

Comment

NOPE. I am 5'8 and my smaller size has helped me with SPEED and knocking out LHWs in my gym. AND TO CLARIFY, I dont work out much, maybe twice every 3 months.

Comment

lol but anyway being taller gives you certain advantages but they can be overcome
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-14-2016, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Height is overrated; it's an advantage, but in no way does it automatically equate to having more strength or speed than a shorter person (which is what most people assume when gushing over tall people).

http://www.shortsupport.org/Research/samaras.html

"Shorter people of the same proportions as taller people have many physical advantages based on the laws of physics, and these advantages are supported by many researchers. Shorter people have faster reaction times, greater ability to accelerate body movements, stronger muscles in proportion to body weight, greater endurance, and the ability to rotate the body faster. They are also less likely to break bones in falling. As a consequence of these physical attributes, shorter people can excel as gymnasts, divers, skiers, martial artists, rock climbers, figure skaters, rodeo riders, soccer players and long distance runners. Within their weight classes they are excellent wrestlers, boxers, and weight lifters."

People always judge books by their covers, though, even leading to some taller people being selected over others for positions of social power:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2015...t-better-to-be

"Money and power
                    At 6ft 4in (193cm), Abraham Lincoln would tower above Barack Obama – but even he is around 3in (8cm) taller than the average American. Confirming the correlation, a recent study found that taller candidates do indeed tend to receive more votes.

Beyond the race to the White House, taller men and women are considered to be more dominant, healthy, and intelligent, and are more likely to be chosen for more competitive jobs; they also earn more money. It could be that we naturally associate height with “greatness” and “dominance” – two traits that are important for leadership."

Comment

Working...
                    X