XBox Scorpio will be better than the PS4 Pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    From what's available right now, the PS4 Pro

The PS4 beat the XBO in their initial battle, and in this rematch too, XBS got left in the dust by the Pro. The PS4 Pro is more powerful than the new XBO S, which has a built in UHD Blu Ray drive while the PS4 Pro does not, that's the only downside. PS4 Pro is considerably more powerful than the XBS. 4.14 Teraflops for the Pro vs 1.32 Tflops for the XBS, this makes the Pro 3x more powerful

Teraflops in a nutshell: How fast it is = 4.14 teraflops is a very fast gaming machine

Here's Forbes 6 reasons to get a PS4 Pro over the XBS

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain.../#1b93fdca4ad6

If you are not much of a gamer and just want the fastest machine in the next year and you don't mind waiting until holiday 2017, just wait for the XB Scorpio, which will be the most powerful gaming console ever made, and like I said before, if you do get convinced into switching to 4K you'll knock two birds with one stone with the XB Scorpio because you'll skip out on buying a 4K BR player which costs as much as a console
    Hello Kev

Are there reasons to get a PS4 Pro over a regular PS4 if I won't have a 4K screen?

And how does being a faster console improve the gameplay experience? I'm a ****** with computers lol

Comment

Are you sir the 500gb version of Scorpio is $300? If so, that's a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
        Are you sir the 500gb version of Scorpio is $300? If so, that's a steal.
        Like Hyperion said it could be just a rumor, so i'm not sure. And yes it would be pretty much a Microsoft garage sale at that price. You and Hyperion have second guessing these rumors though

It just makes no sense to me to price a console like a gaming PC when the GPU equivalent they're going to use will be outdated by 1.5 years (1070)

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Hello Kev

Are there reasons to get a PS4 Pro over a regular PS4 if I won't have a 4K screen?

And how does being a faster console improve the gameplay experience? I'm a ****** with computers lol
          You don't need a 4K tv to take advantage of the Pro's graphical improvements.

Faster console is so much better for developers as it is for gamers. Devs will have a lot more to work with when developing games. Pretty much bigger and better games can be made more easily

Comment

get a regualr xbox, if you want to go super powerful get yourself a gameing pc with an ultrawide screen, LG just release the 38 inch ultrawide but I cant find it anywhere to buy yet BH has it for preorder but I hate doing pre order so Ill wait till amazon gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by !!WAR CANELO!! View Post
              get a regualr xbox, if you want to go super powerful get yourself a gameing pc with an ultrawide screen, LG just release the 38 inch ultrawide but I cant find it anywhere to buy yet BH has it for preorder but I hate doing pre order so Ill wait till amazon gets it.
              The regular XB One is really weak though. I'm pretty sure the Pro and the Scorpio will get to a point where they will have exclusives, even though Sony and Microsoft are both saying all games made for Pro and Scorpio will be playable in the regular systems. I think they're going to run into some issues

Problem with a gaming pc, even though I have one and went through the trouble of building it, I don't think the majority of Americans want to go through that. It's fairly easy, but you know fast food isn't popular here for no reason. People just want to buy, connect, and play. No one is trying to buy like 8-9 different components, youtube how to put them together, go through all the OS instaling, driver downloading, and troubleshoooting if they did anything wrong

Comment

The regular XB One is really weak though. I'm pretty sure the Pro and the Scorpio will get to a point where they will have exclusives, even though Sony and Microsoft are both saying all games made for Pro and Scorpio will be playable in the regular systems. I think they're going to run into some issues

Problem with a gaming pc, even though I have one and went through the trouble of building it, I don't think the majority of Americans want to go through that. It's fairly easy, but you know fast food isn't popular here for no reason. People just want to buy, connect, and play. No one is trying to buy like 8-9 different components, youtube how to put them together, go through all the OS instaling, driver downloading, and troubleshoooting if they did anything wrong
                true a gaming pc is a required taste if you will but is a must if you are a serious gamer.

Comment

The Scorpio will be better in terms of specs, which is a bit hit for Sony as they are usually the best when it comes to hardware. It obviously will be better in terms of software as Microsoft are a software company first and foremost and the fact that it'll be more capable of running a more demanding bit of software.

At this point, I think Sony have really messed up. They've kicked Microsofts ass this generation and they better hope they release PS5 not too long after PS4 Pro or Microsoft will gain a lot of momentum.

If you are a hardcore gamer, stick to PC gaming. There is so much you can do to make the experience more enjoyable. Download mods/skins, change how the game looks through options such as Digital Vibrance etc, use superior VOIP software such as Teamspeak and have a quicker way of using the internet too.

I think consoles are perfect for the casual gamer, who wants to just pickup and play a game of Fifa/Tekken/SF. People need to understand though, the majority of people who buy these consoles ARE casuals. We know PC gaming is better but it costs more, theres a lot more that can go wrong and it's more complicated to use for the average person. I'm saying this as someone who has been gaming online via PC since 2004 and been gaming since the Atari lol

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    If I need a console solely for playing games, which would be better?

No I dont have a 4K screen
                    Wouldn't bother if you don't have a 4k screen. These are basically consoles for 4k tv's, the benefit on a 1080p screen won't be much.

You don't need a 4K tv to take advantage of the Pro's graphical improvements.

Faster console is so much better for developers as it is for gamers. Devs will have a lot more to work with when developing games. Pretty much bigger and better games can be made more easily
                    The new consoles allow games to run at better resolution or fps. The games are going to be exactly the same as PS4/XB1 this has been confirmed.

Comment

Both are the best game but I like PS more than Xbox.

Comment

Working...
                      X