Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duva vs K2, GGG vs Kovalev. How did Duva do a better job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has nothing to do with the promoters or management team and everything to do with the potential opponents. Loeffler has repeatedly stated that they are willing to basically be the D side for any major fight, willing to give up purse split, location, you name it. But even with all those advantages being offered, opponents still refuse to fight him.

What makes me laugh are people who want him to move up to SMW. Well things would be no different there other than it would be a different group of fighters avoiding him, some of whom already have, such as JCC Jr., Sturm, Abraham, Froch, Kessler, etc...

As long as GGG continues to add wins at the rate of 4 per year, and if he is able to unify at least three of the MW titles, sooner or later fighters will have no choice to get in the ring with him or become known as ducks throughout the boxing world.

Or they could run to the Haymon Protection Agency, aka PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by ggg_kz View Post
      American fans won't give credit no matter what. GGG needs to beat someone worth from the US/Mexico to be perceived as the one with worth opposition. All others are considered eurobums.
      I'm British and Martin Murray is bang average.

Comment

Originally posted by ggg_kz View Post
        GGG team hoped Hopkins would choose GGG instead of Kovalev back then. Due to his loss to Kova, there was no point to pursue the fight thereafter.
        Why? Hopkins is still a name fighter. I can understand why Froch turned down Hopkins because Froch is already a star and doesn't need Hopkins. Golovkin shouldn't be in any position to turn his nose up at a potential Hopkins fight.

Go do what Kovalev didn't do and be the first to knock him out. Your stock rises.

But no...it's too risky that the old man might actually make him look bad....same with Lara....so lets fight guys who are going to fold like a rusty old deck chair after the first punch to perpetuate the hype.

Comment

I guess Golovkin will have great run in 2016. By that time everything will be in place for superfights (Froch, Canelo, Cotto, Ward) to happen. However 2015 might end fairly uneventful for Gennady.

Comment

GGG is talking the talk the talk and Kovalev is walking the walk. GGG is saying he'll bang with anyone but has or had excuses. Kovalev is saying he'll bang with anybody and actually doing it. He's called Stevenson out and called him all types of names to bait him and didn't turn around about it not making financial sense when the fight is starting to possibly become a reality. I know GGG will get a pass because blah blah blah. He just had his 33rd birthday, he needs to fight somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
              GGG is talking the talk the talk and Kovalev is walking the walk. GGG is saying he'll bang with anyone but has or had excuses. Kovalev is saying he'll bang with anybody and actually doing it. He's called Stevenson out and called him all types of names to bait him and didn't turn around about it not making financial sense when the fight is starting to possibly become a reality. I know GGG will get a pass because blah blah blah. He just had his 33rd birthday, he needs to fight somebody.
              And what excuses has GGG made? Let's hear them! Let me guess, the same old chestnut about how he won't move to another division for anything other than a PPV? Tell me... how many fights has Kovalev had outside his division?

As for baiting and insulting opponents, GGG has never played that game and has always showed the utmost respect for other boxers. If you are expecting trash talk from him, you might as well forget about that because it's not going to happen. He does his talking in the ring with his fists.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                I'm British and Martin Murray is bang average.
                You're British but prejudiced against GGG. Murray is obviously better than just average, probably the best MW in the world after GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  And what excuses has GGG made? Let's hear them! Let me guess, the same old chestnut about how he won't move to another division for anything other than a PPV? Tell me... how many fights has Kovalev had outside his division?

As for baiting and insulting opponents, GGG has never played that game and has always showed the utmost respect for other boxers. If you are expecting trash talk from him, you might as well forget about that because it's not going to happen. He does his talking in the ring with his fists.
                  Yes, about Lara bringing nothing to the table and Ward not being worth the money. If you already know then why do you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    You're British but prejudiced against GGG. Murray is obviously better than just average, probably the best MW in the world after GGG.
                    How am I prejudiced against GGG? For what reason? I said Martin Murray was a god damn bum before he fought Sergio Martinez who was one of my favourite fighters.

Murray showed me he wasn't a bum in that fight but he's not some world class talent. He's a very standard fighter with nothing special about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      How am I prejudiced against GGG?
                      LOL you've constantly talked poorly about GGG on NSB, that one thread alone you made a couple weeks ago you stayed up for 72 hours straight posting 400 times in a single thread about GGG! Nothing positive at all, always something negative.

Motive? Carl Froch. You got tired of certain GGG fans saying Froch is scared or whatever and that's when your Nationalist pride goes into overdrive and GGG was put in your cross·hairs.

Nationalism is your soft spot, mate. We all know it. It's no big deal, just the way you are.

Comment

Working...
                      X