No announcement yet.

help...what are you fav conditioning- speed drills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help...what are you fav conditioning- speed drills

I need to find some new conditioning and speed drills i can do in the gym...

My workout currently consistes of: shaddowboxing, mitts both traditional and myweather style, bag work, sparring, jump rope, and running.

So does anyone have have any good drills they do in the gym for speed and conditoning???

come on, anyone have any thoughts???

Comment

punch outs and power boxing rounds

A punch out is 30 seconds of nothing but an ongoing 1-2-1-2-1-2... combination thrown as fast as you can (not neccesarily as hard as you can), then you can either rest for 30 seconds and repeat or you could throw slower controlled shots for 30 seconds and then continue with another punch out. Do this for about 2 rounds at least.

Power boxing rounds are where you throw any manner of hook, uppercut or hard crosses continuously for about 1 minute without a pause and with as much power as you can. Rest for about 30 seconds and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Landon S View Post

A punch out is 30 seconds of nothing but an ongoing 1-2-1-2-1-2... combination thrown as fast as you can (not neccesarily as hard as you can), then you can either rest for 30 seconds and repeat or you could throw slower controlled shots for 30 seconds and then continue with another punch out. Do this for about 2 rounds at least.
        This DEFINITELY helps. I been at the gym for a month and a half doing this and my speed has increased like crazy. Also im sure you know shadowboxing with light weights.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyward5656 View Post
          I need to find some new conditioning and speed drills i can do in the gym...

My workout currently consistes of: shaddowboxing, mitts both traditional and myweather style, bag work, sparring, jump rope, and running.

So does anyone have have any good drills they do in the gym for speed and conditoning???
          Yeah, rob a store and practice escaping from the cops.....on foot. Works for me, I can run like the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Yeah, rob a store and practice escaping from the cops.....on foot. Works for me, I can run like the wind.
            lol thanks mathed. ill try that.

Comment

Power boxing rounds are where you throw any manner of hook, uppercut or hard crosses continuously for about 1 minute without a pause and with as much power as you can. Rest for about 30 seconds and repeat.
              for the puch out drill would you recamend doing it on the heavy bag, or with thoes elastict band things???

Comment

Originally posted by mickyward5656 View Post
                for the puch out drill would you recamend doing it on the heavy bag, or with thoes elastict band things???
                heavybag for sure, if your not hitting anything you just dont work very hard, hitting the bag takes 10x the effort. Ive tried it with handweights and its lame, I could go all day doing that but hitting the bag it gets pretty intense and you end up breathing pretty hard. Once 30 seconds gets too easy keep upping the time by 15 second intervals and leave the rest the same (30 seconds).

Comment

Those are very good drills, I might add working with lite dumbells.

Comment

for me its my complex conditioning workout. pushes conditioning real real hard, develops legs and back really well which helps for a good solid stance, and more upper body movement, develops my shoulders as well to help keep the hands up and add more power to the punches. someone can be lightning fast but gas out quick. this conditioning workout hurts cardio wise but increases my stamina like crazy allowing me to keep my speed up. also i know that when im tired if i dont feel the pain from my actual cardio workout then i know i can keep pushing harder and harder until i cant handle it no more.

Comment

Working...
                    X