Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bermane Stiverne: Joyce Was Secretly Sparring Breazeale So I Held Back In Spar! [VID]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bermane Stiverne: Joyce Was Secretly Sparring Breazeale So I Held Back In Spar! [VID]

Joe Joyce recently described his experience of sparring Stiverne as surprisingly easy and unimpressive. In a direct response last night, Stiverne explained that he was aware Joyce was sparring Breazeale during the same period, without informing Stiverne in advance, so he severely restricted his punch output during their sparring sessions as there was a risk Joyce may in fact disclose strategic and tactical information to Team Breazeale. Joyce intermittently sparring both Stiverne and Breazeale occurred only weeks ago when Stiverne vs Breazeale was the scheduled fight before Stiverne had the opportunity to upgrade his opponent to Wilder.

@ Start - Stiverne talks about the delay with signing Wilder fight
    @ 4:40 - Stiverne goes into some detail about events
    surrounding the Joyce sparring
    @ 19:30 "Wilder is going to pay for everything he said. He's vulnerable to a lot of things".
    @23:45 "I did 12 rounds with Wilder, at his best, he threw everything at me and I never took a knee or lay on my back. I know Wilder, his power, I know everything about him. He used the fact he beat me to not fight me again but him and I know the truth - I can tell when someone is nervous or scared!"
    @ 29:00 "Joyce is too tight, he doesn't move in a relaxed and loose manner. He needs to work on his power."
    @ 32:30 "I asked Joyce's trainer to put his phone down, it blew up into an argument so I had to say either I leave or you leave. I was being considerate towards Joyce during our initial sparring because he told me he had a fight in a few weeks. "
    @40:00 "Joshua is THE Man right now... Other than ME!"

Last edited by FlatLine; 10-20-2017, 05:32 AM.

Ofcourse you did Bermaine

Comment

Smart move by Bermane why would anyone doubt this fox? this is why hes getting paid step-aside money and getting another shot at THE title.

Comment

Watching them fight, unless Stiverne's completly shot I can't see how Joyce easily beat Stiverne

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          Watching them fight, unless Stiverne's completly shot I can't see how Joyce easily beat Stiverne
          I could imagine Stiverne walking forwards with both hands up, throwing 2 or 3 punches per minute.

Comment

doesnt shock me that joyce worked him over in sparring

Comment

"If you're not tired of my excuses for losing pro fights I also have excuses for why I don't perform well in sparring. Why can't everyone just be Chris Arreola? Then you'd see how good I am"

Comment

What would be the point in sparring at all then? If Joyce described him as walking heavy bag. What Stiverne says actually tally's up with that.

Seems like a proper exercise in futility.

Comment

Joyce handing out ass whoopings. Lol at Stiverne saying he held back, thats really going to help his chances against Wilder right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    What would be the point in sparring at all then? If Joyce described him as walking heavy bag. What Stiverne says actually tally's up with that.

Seems like a proper exercise in futility.
                    Exactly, stiverne has a big fight with Wilder, if he purposly held back because he didnt trust his sparring partner then why spar with them at all. Its just a ploy because he knows big Joe gave him a beating

Comment

Working...
                    X