Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: A Shame, Loma vs. Rigo Won't Be as Big as it Should Be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    He's right. Casual fans don't know who Rigo is, but surprising Loma isn't getting as much acclaim as Canelo and GGG. For me anyway, he's more exciting to watch than them. I wonder if Loma was American whether he'd be more popular.
    He said casual fans don’t know neither lol

Comment

It's a shame that Hearn kept Scott Quigg away from Rigo.

Comment

If you do not have a charlatan American boxer, being extravagant, histrionic, rambunctious, ghetto, uneducated, than people do not care... in boxing nice guys always finish last... that's the bottom line... specially foreigners... Americans want to be entertained... reality tv is what they want!!! the people that follow boxing as a cult... know of the importance of this fight and the quality of both boxers... elite level... I will be tuning in for this one no matter what!!! I got Loma winning, even if Rigo wins on points the judges will give it to the white guy!!!

Comment

you dont get it do you, no other promoter can put on fights on sky sports, it is a monopoly

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
            I might be wrong but Eddie Hearn wasn't involved with Haye vs Harrison. Haye promoted himself through Hayemaker promotions and Harrison was represented by Frank Warren. You're right though, that fight soured Sky on putting boxing on PPV and Warren went and created Boxnation. Hearn however brought boxing back to Sky Sports afterwards.
            I am sure he was the one who was managing Harrison. Some good fights have been made by Hearns and some terrible ones the Burns vs Crolla was pisspoor and talk about rematch who for the FANS ?

Was not that great

Comment

It is a trade fight. He's right

Comment

It's not a bigger fight because no one outside of boxing fans know who these two boxers are. This will be a good fight but with all fights you never know until the fight happens. I don't think either one will become a bigger star as a result of this fight. The winner will undoubtedly move up in the P4P rankings however the fight is getting the right amount of attention based on the popularity of the two fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
                  I might be wrong but Eddie Hearn wasn't involved with Haye vs Harrison. Haye promoted himself through Hayemaker promotions and Harrison was represented by Frank Warren. You're right though, that fight soured Sky on putting boxing on PPV and Warren went and created Boxnation. Hearn however brought boxing back to Sky Sports afterwards.

Audley was represented by Eddie and Mastchroom, not Warren. But Haye held all the cards at the time at the time and the fight was a Hayemaker Promotion.

Comment

I blame Bob Arum. How do you shelve and bash a man after the biggest win of his career? Someone of Rigo's skill should be a bigger and better name. Loma is actualyl getting the opportunities his skills warrant so I think he has been moved just right.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                      He's right. Casual fans don't know who Rigo is, but surprising Loma isn't getting as much acclaim as Canelo and GGG. For me anyway, he's more exciting to watch than them. I wonder if Loma was American whether he'd be more popular.
                      Rigo & loma are in the same boat with popularity & they both exciting so what are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                      X