No announcement yet.

travis walker scores 6th round knockout over kali meehan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travis walker scores 6th round knockout over kali meehan

http://www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=31043&more=1By James Slater: Earlier today in Australia, on the Daniel Geale W12 Osamanu Adama, Billy Dib TKO7 Eduardo Escobedo card, heavyweight fringe contender Travis Walker scored an upset TKO over former WBO title challenger Kali Meehan.

“Freight Train” and Meehan went to war in an exciting toe-to-toe battle until 41-year-old Meehan’s corner saw their man was taking way too much punishment in the 6th-round, and threw in the towel. The always-exciting, give his all Walker improved to 39-7-1(31) with the win, and the 32-year-old likely earned himself another decent, well deserved payday. Meehan, who had won three in a row since losing a decision to Ruslan Chagaev in a WBA eliminator, is now 38-5(31). Having been stopped for just the third time in his career (Danny Williams and Hasim Rahman), the New Zealander may consider his retirement all the same.

Likeable Texan Walker is a guy who has always paid his dues, having been in with any fighter put in front of him. Never one to pick and choose his opposition, Walker simply gets in there and rumbles win or lose. After a bad spell in 2010, when he lost three in a row (to Johnathon Banks, Alex Leapai and Ruslan Chagaev - the Leapai fight being an absolute cracker that has to been seen if you have access to it), Walker regrouped with four wins over decent opponents. Then, in October of last year, Walker lost a wide decision to a bloodied Kubrat Pulev.

Showing he is far from done and always dangerous, “Freight Train” now comes home from abroad having won a big one. Good on him I say. Now, who could the 6’4”, approx 245-pounder get it on with next? A return with Leapai would be great; as would Walker Vs. a certain Tyson Fury (providing Fury gets past Martin Rogan next).

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    http://www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=31043&more=1By James Slater: Earlier today in Australia, on the Daniel Geale W12 Osamanu Adama, Billy Dib TKO7 Eduardo Escobedo card, heavyweight fringe contender Travis Walker scored an upset TKO over former WBO title challenger Kali Meehan.

“Freight Train” and Meehan went to war in an exciting toe-to-toe battle until 41-year-old Meehan’s corner saw their man was taking way too much punishment in the 6th-round, and threw in the towel. The always-exciting, give his all Walker improved to 39-7-1(31) with the win, and the 32-year-old likely earned himself another decent, well deserved payday. Meehan, who had won three in a row since losing a decision to Ruslan Chagaev in a WBA eliminator, is now 38-5(31). Having been stopped for just the third time in his career (Danny Williams and Hasim Rahman), the New Zealander may consider his retirement all the same.

Likeable Texan Walker is a guy who has always paid his dues, having been in with any fighter put in front of him. Never one to pick and choose his opposition, Walker simply gets in there and rumbles win or lose. After a bad spell in 2010, when he lost three in a row (to Johnathon Banks, Alex Leapai and Ruslan Chagaev - the Leapai fight being an absolute cracker that has to been seen if you have access to it), Walker regrouped with four wins over decent opponents. Then, in October of last year, Walker lost a wide decision to a bloodied Kubrat Pulev.

Showing he is far from done and always dangerous, “Freight Train” now comes home from abroad having won a big one. Good on him I say. Now, who could the 6’4”, approx 245-pounder get it on with next? A return with Leapai would be great; as would Walker Vs. a certain Tyson Fury (providing Fury gets past Martin Rogan next).
    I realise I'm growing to like Walker. He's always in exciting fights and punches like a mule. This is a pretty good win for him.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
      I realise I'm growing to like Walker. He's always in exciting fights and punches like a mule. This is a pretty good win for him.
      he will fight anyone & a laughed when i heard abdusalamov's team claiming walker ducked him. i said awhile back that it wasn't a duck but walker choosing a bigger fight financially & a chance to move up the rankings.

Comment

Working...
      X