Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: Sick of Situation, Joshua Contract is One-Sided!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder’s Record:

1st Ethan Cox, wasn't ranked
    2nd Shannon Gray, wasn't ranked
    3rd Richard Greene Jr, wasn't ranked
    4th Joseph Rabotte, ranked 393rd in the World
    5th Charles Brown, wasn't ranked
    6th Kelsey Arnold, wasn't ranked
    7th Travis Allen, wasn't ranked
    8th Jerry Vaughn, wasn't ranked
    9th Ty Cobb, ranked 399th in the Heavyweight World
    10th Alvaro Morales, wasn't ranked
    11th Dustin Nichols, wasn't ranked
    12th Shannon Caudle, wasn't ranked
    13th Harold Sconiers, wasn't ranked
    14th Dan Sheehan, wasn't ranked
    15th DeAndrey Abron, wasn't ranked
    16th Reggie Pena, wasn't ranked
    17th Damon Reed, ranked 304th in the World
    18th Dominique Alexander, wasn't ranked
    19th Daniel Cota, ranked 489th in the World
    20th David Long, wasn't ranked
    21st Marlon Hayes, ranked 368th in the World
    22nd Jesse Oltmanns, ranked 492th in the World
    23rd Owen Beck, wasn't ranked
    24th Kertson Manswell, ranked 310th in the World
    25th Damon McCreary, ranked 357th in the World
    26th Kelvin Price, wasn't ranked
    27th Matthew Greer, ranked 325th in the World
    28th Audley Harrison, ranked 136th in the World
    29th Siarhei Liakhovich, ranked 43rd in the World
    30th Nicolai Firtha, ranked 121nd in the World
    31st Malik Scott, ranked 86th in the World
    32nd Jason Gavern, ranked 194th in the World
    33rd Bermane Stiverne, ranked 4th in the World
    34th Eric Molina, ranked 37th in the World
    35th Johann Duhaupas, ranked 34th in the World
    36th Artur Szpilka, ranked 24th in the World
    37th Chris Arreola, ranked 43rd in the World
    38th Gerald Washington ranked 41st in the World
    39th Bermane Stiverne “inactive for two years and UNRANKED at time of fight"
    40th Luis Ortiz - ranked 6th (39 years old)

Comment

• "Contract is one-sided"

He is the A side, clown.
      That's why you need this fight to make you A side.
      Then you get to make the contract one-sided in the rematch.
      Duh...

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        With the judges help or not, there isn’t a single fight Canelo has won that he shouldn’t have. Not agreeing with the GGG decision doesn’t make it wrong. Winning a fight isnt the same as winning a boxing match. There are different variables as to what people score in a point based system.
        Neither you nor myself like the way judging can sometimes go but outside of that Mayweather score, I can see the rest (unless there’s one I’m missing.)

Now, who are the four better MWs than Canelo that aren’t GGG because they drew.

Aj deserves his stardom as well.

The problem with your view is that you get too into your feelings and start saying crazy things like people will “blindly” follow others.

It’s not about being blind or not, it’s about a combination of entertainment, charisma, and skill.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people might just LIKE to watch someone fight?

No one is claiming that Canelo is the GOAT but there is a certain allure/magnetism about his style that people just like. People just like him man.

Same for Joshua.

Your viewpoint is so bitter, jaded, and entitled that you just lack the big picture imo.

Look, no one says AJ is Ali. No one claims he has that resume. You can discredit Wlad and sure, he’s an old guy coming off a loss to a gypsy who had a mental break down..but you know what? He’s still Wlad and it’s the best next thing to have happened after the Fury debacle.

You dont think the average person just thinks it’s really f ucking cool that their countryman who just represented them in the olympics and won gold (IN LONDON so everyone saw) has gone pro, is knocking everyone out and quickly won a hw title? And now he fights Wladimir and has a classic, high drama, elite level hw fight where both men showed their mettle?

The average fan doesnt care avout c unty debates like us. We’re not average fans here. Most of us here have either boxed and/or have developed a good knowledge over a long period of time.

It’s not always about who WE know is the best when it comes to star power. It’s about being the best that people know.

You gonna order the 4* rated item on amazon with one review and very little info or the 4* one with 4000 reviews with a lot of questions answered?

It never happens by accident. Aj and Canelo are legit as f uck and in the conversation as the best AND people love them. And sometimes that’s enough man.

And my bad about the long posts. When I’m real busy I have to come back to my posts and do them piece by piece and end up not realizing how long winded my s hit is and refuse to delete the rest. Thanks for respecting enough to read my s hit
        1. With Canelo, he certainly could've lost his fight vs lara but that fact that Canelo is the bigger name I think helped him. The scorecards (aside from mayweather) that I'm referring to are the 10-2 scorecard for him vs trout, 9-3 vs lara, 11-1 vs cotto, and 10-2 vs ggg. That can't be a coincidence and those judges went into those fights not giving their opponents any opportunity to have a fair shot. Even if you think Canelo won, he was not dominant in any of those fights but he always gets those scorecards. As far as middleweights, I already feel he lost to ggg and think there is a good chance that jacobs, charlo and saunders can beat him. 2. When I say fans follow Canelo and aj blindly, I mean that they defend everything about them. They'll defend bad scorecards, they'll defend obvious delaying of big fights by justifying nonsense like flat fee offers or justify opponents like a Chavez jr, or amir khan, or aj opting for povtekin instead of genuinely trying to make the wilder fight etc. 3. My stance remains that Canelo and aj fans primarily ride for them because they share a nationality or ethnicity with them because unbiased fans should acknowledge bs when they see it regardless if they like the fighter or not. If Canelo wasn't Mexican, you think these same fans who praise him, defend him, swear it was tainted meat and attack everything about ggg because he's a Canelo opponent would still do so? I doubt it.

Comment

• You avoided Klitschko and now you're not happy with the situation?
          Biggest joke in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gully7 View Post
            What like Wilder does?

Why didn't Wilder ever fight Wlad? All he had to do was get to a mandatory position like Fury did.... He turned pro just before Fury and Fury didn't win no Olympic medal like Wilder did, Fury was man enough to do the job.
            Because Finkel never wanted Wilder to fight him. He knew Wilder would lose badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
              They will just hang Wilder out to dry. Who the ***** does he think he is acting like the A side?
              He accepted a flat fee and agreed to go to the UK. That isn't acting like an A side. Hearn didn't keep his word about the fight being next, so Wilder is moving on. Wilder vs. Fury is a more significant heavyweight fight in world boxing than anybody AJ can fight if he can't fight Wilder or Fury. So if AJ isn't willing to make respectable reasonable offers, and ends up pushing Wilder and Fury into each other's arms, AJ loses out of his two biggest paydays.

He cannot crack $3m per fight on his own.
              So Cotto only got 700k for his retirement fight huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by genrick View Post
                Then you get to make the contract one-sided in the rematch.
                No you don't. AJ demanded rematch clause.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  He accepted a flat fee and agreed to go to the UK. That isn't acting like an A side. Hearn didn't keep his word about the fight being next, so Wilder is moving on. Wilder vs. Fury is a more significant heavyweight fight in world boxing than anybody AJ can fight if he can't fight Wilder or Fury. So if AJ isn't willing to make respectable reasonable offers, and ends up pushing Wilder and Fury into each other's arms, AJ loses out of his two biggest paydays.

So Cotto only got 700k for his retirement fight huh?
                  Wilder fans need to stop saying he accepted the deal. He didn't as he didn't sign the contract. If someone says I accept the deal but then don't return the contract they havnt accepted the deal. Actions speak louder than words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaycee100 View Post
                    Wilder’s Record:

1st Ethan Cox, wasn't ranked
                    2nd Shannon Gray, wasn't ranked
                    3rd Richard Greene Jr, wasn't ranked
                    4th Joseph Rabotte, ranked 393rd in the World
                    5th Charles Brown, wasn't ranked
                    6th Kelsey Arnold, wasn't ranked
                    7th Travis Allen, wasn't ranked
                    8th Jerry Vaughn, wasn't ranked
                    9th Ty Cobb, ranked 399th in the Heavyweight World
                    10th Alvaro Morales, wasn't ranked
                    11th Dustin Nichols, wasn't ranked
                    12th Shannon Caudle, wasn't ranked
                    13th Harold Sconiers, wasn't ranked
                    14th Dan Sheehan, wasn't ranked
                    15th DeAndrey Abron, wasn't ranked
                    16th Reggie Pena, wasn't ranked
                    17th Damon Reed, ranked 304th in the World
                    18th Dominique Alexander, wasn't ranked
                    19th Daniel Cota, ranked 489th in the World
                    20th David Long, wasn't ranked
                    21st Marlon Hayes, ranked 368th in the World
                    22nd Jesse Oltmanns, ranked 492th in the World
                    23rd Owen Beck, wasn't ranked
                    24th Kertson Manswell, ranked 310th in the World
                    25th Damon McCreary, ranked 357th in the World
                    26th Kelvin Price, wasn't ranked
                    27th Matthew Greer, ranked 325th in the World
                    28th Audley Harrison, ranked 136th in the World
                    29th Siarhei Liakhovich, ranked 43rd in the World
                    30th Nicolai Firtha, ranked 121nd in the World
                    31st Malik Scott, ranked 86th in the World
                    32nd Jason Gavern, ranked 194th in the World
                    33rd Bermane Stiverne, ranked 4th in the World
                    34th Eric Molina, ranked 37th in the World
                    35th Johann Duhaupas, ranked 34th in the World
                    36th Artur Szpilka, ranked 24th in the World
                    37th Chris Arreola, ranked 43rd in the World
                    38th Gerald Washington ranked 41st in the World
                    39th Bermane Stiverne “inactive for two years and UNRANKED at time of fight"
                    40th Luis Ortiz - ranked 6th (39 years old)

Wow... Great post. I knew he'd fought a lot of dross but until you see it laid out like that the full extent isn't obvious.

I'll try and remember this next time someone starts talking about Wilder going 51-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holler View Post
                      Wow... Great post. I knew he'd fought a lot of dross but until you see it laid out like that the full extent isn't obvious.

I'll try and remember this next time someone starts talking about Wilder going 51-0.
                      It is shocking isn't it. Can any Wilder fans take a look at that list and defend it? Then compare it to AJ's who has taken on much bigger fights at much earlier stages of his career? It is obvious who takes risks and challenges and who doesn't in their career.

Comment

Working...
                      X