Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Another California Thread!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been thinking long and hard about getting out of here. Looking at Utah, St. George area. It’s tough though cause my daughter is on a nationally ranked soccer team and I don’t see one that is equivalent in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
      I’ve been thinking long and hard about getting out of here. Looking at Utah, St. George area. It’s tough though cause my daughter is on a nationally ranked soccer team and I don’t see one that is equivalent in that area.
      Come to Taxachusetts, I mean Massachusetts! We're traditionally a democratic majority state run by a sensible republican governor. Our economy is good and we also have some pretty top notch soccer programs.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Come to Taxachusetts, I mean Massachusetts! We're traditionally a democratic majority state run by a sensible republican governor. Our economy is good and we also have some pretty top notch soccer programs.
        Is the traffic terrible around the Boston area?

Comment

As a proud resident of the Bay Area, I am against this policy.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Way to cold for somebody like me. However, my older daughter did get offered a soccer scholarship to Amherst (I believe that’s the name) but turned it down.

Plus Utah is only 5% state tax as opposed to the 12 here in Cali. What is it out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              There's some great areas in the Midwest! There's nothing like quiet evenings, rolling hills, and no light pollution so you can see tons of stars. There are also no wildfires, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.
              There are also plenty of secluded areas to hunt and fish, and often you can just pull over on the highway and pee in the ditch and nobody will see!
              You forgot the tornadoes that come thrashing through the Midwest. Some of the worst thunderstorms and hail that I have driven through was in Indiana and Oklahoma.

I've driven cross-country about 8 times, coast to coast. The Midwest is one region that I can't see myself living in. Perhaps I would consider parts of Michigan along the Great Lakes or maybe even the Cleveland area, but Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas...nope. I'd likely push west to the Pacific Northwest, preferably coastal Oregon.

Comment

jreckoning

You were getting free food???

Comment

looks like those public restaurants eateries etc just want more money.....

only way to force someone to do something is to make it a law

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    You forgot the tornadoes that come thrashing through the Midwest. Some of the worst thunderstorms and hail that I have driven through was in Indiana and Oklahoma.

I've driven cross-country about 8 times, coast to coast. The Midwest is one region that I can't see myself living in. Perhaps I would consider parts of Michigan along the Great Lakes or maybe even the Cleveland area, but Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas...nope. I'd likely push west to the Pacific Northwest, preferably coastal Oregon.
                    Ah I've only lived in the northern Midwest; MN, Iowa and South Dakota. There are still some tornadoes here but not like Kansas and Oklahoma.
                    Montana, Colorado and the northwest are probably the only other areas I'd want to live besides here.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      As a proud resident of the Gay Area.
                      fixed it, very progressive

Comment

Working...
                      X