Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Confident He'll Beat Postol, Secure Jose Ramirez Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Taylor wins this fight, I hope he gets credit for it and not Postol was overrated etc...

Get step up and will be interested to see the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
      Massive risk... This guy took Matthysse best shots and was completely outboxing him before the ko. Massive gamble, i would have waited for atleast another loss on Postols record before setting this up.
      Yeah, huge risk. Massive props to Taylor. If he wins impressive then he is legit, even if Postol is a bit old and inactive at this stage.

Comment

taylor is bigger than postol?

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
          Massive risk... This guy took Matthysse best shots and was completely outboxing him before the ko. Massive gamble, i would have waited for atleast another loss on Postols record before setting this up.
          no he wasn't. it was even until the headbutt unraveled matthysse. postol was also clinching as much as ward. i dont think he will be allowed to do that here

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            taylor is bigger than postol?
            Probobly wearing some Air max's for that photo, he's huge but i believe postol is slightly taller.

Can't wait to see how his career unfolds, ive been following since he struggled a bit in his U.S debut agaisnt that mexican journeyman and people thought he wasnt going to amount to anything, now he's looking like he might surpass Ken Buchanan as the great Scottish boxer ever.

He's massive for 140, i seriously believe he will clean up the division and then move up and do the same @147

Comment

Definitely a step up. Postol is on the slide though and i don't think he was ever that great anyway but he is/was a solid enough world level fighter.

It will still be an impressive win if Taylor beats him convincingly.

Comment

Josh taylor is a beast tough fight but cant see anything but a taylor win him and josh kelly two best young uk fighters both should make p4p top ten over next couple of years

Comment

After only 12 fights to his name Taylor is definitely taking a huge step-up here. Should be a good fight that lets us know just how far Taylor is actually going to go. I've got him winning by a late stoppage. He'll use his skills on the outside at first and look to get inside once the fight has gone a few rounds to do some serious damage. Can see it ending with a body-shot.

Comment

Is Josh,who is clearly talented biting off more than he can chew here?

Is this fight maybe, just maybe one or two fights too early for him at this stage?

Depends ...on what is left of Postol who has not really been active.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                      Is Josh,who is clearly talented biting off more than he can chew here?

Is this fight maybe, just maybe one or two fights too early for him at this stage?

Depends ...on what is left of Postol who has not really been active.
                      Maybe so, but in the sense that if he beats Postol (which i think he does) it might propel him into harder fights straight away, which might be too soon.

They seem to be confident in his ability though and are taking good fights early on. Even the Ohara Davies fight was somewhat of a risk (for both guys). I don't think Davies is that good but i think he's dangerous and genuine power. Plenty of fighters at that stage of the career wouldn't have taken it.

Comment

Working...
                      X