Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your opinion on Corporal Punishment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Give 'em a good rogering, Clovis!"

"Here, here!"

Comment

I'm actually for it.

It would stop a lot of repeated offending imo.

Comment

I wouldn't support it in schools, because I've known too many unstable teachers whose judgment I wouldn't trust. Unruly kids should be suspended. After three suspensions he/she is expelled from the school permanently.

As for corporal punishment administered by the law, yeah, I'd be ok with it. But it must be a supervised punishment. Not just some cop teeing off on someone's head with a nightstick.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
          Man when I went to school and I was naughty and got sent to the principals office I would get the cane across my knuckles or ass.
          I turned out fine and dont use violence to teach bit it sure worked on me.
          I made sure to not get caught next time.
          Kids need to be spanked. Hitting a kid on the hands or ass is proper imo...

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
            I'm actually for it.

It would stop a lot of repeated offending imo.
            I don't know how old you are but in the early 90s an American was caught spray painting in a country that punishes by caning. The bleeding hearts in the USA were crying outrage. He still got caned & I doubt he tags anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
              "Give 'em a good rogering, Clovis!"

"Here, here!"

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I find it weird that the people who support corporal punishment can't really show me anything that suggests it's actually beneficial. The best argument I've ever heard is "I got my a$$ beat and I turned out fine!"

Well la-di-da for you that you turned out "fine". I would like more than "fine" if I gotta beat my kids for it.

I was on the receiving end of ""corporal punishment"' plenty as a kid and I really only started doing better in school once it stopped happening. Probably not the only reason for that but I bet it was a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    I find it weird that the people who support corporal punishment can't really show me anything that suggests it's actually beneficial. The best argument I've ever heard is "I got my a$$ beat and I turned out fine!"

Well la-di-da for you that you turned out "fine". I would like more than "fine" if I gotta beat my kids for it.

I was on the receiving end of ""corporal punishment"' plenty as a kid and I really only started doing better in school once it stopped happening. Probably not the only reason for that but I bet it was a factor.
                    Im sure hitting a kid is harmful on the psyche somehow but there are certain times/crimes when needed. The punishment should also fit the crime.

As a father, if 1 of my boys was caught stealing, tagging or doing something dumb, Id much rather he take a paddle to the ass than I have to pay a fine to the damn Beauracratic local government or go to juvy.

As far as adults, anybody that lives a life of crime must first understand they may go to jail 1 day and most actually do. After getting locked up, a majority of people adapt. I dont think any1 can adapt to a caning.

Comment

If you canned these idiots in the USA you wouldnt have so many criminals.

Comment

Working...
                      X