How the Kovalev deal to fight on ESPN was made

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the Kovalev deal to fight on ESPN was made

//twitter.com/latimespugmire/status/1040618945575710720?s=19
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 09-15-2018, 10:56 AM.

I feel bad for Hearn.

Comment

I dont blame her, why would she have kovalev fight on some obscure mobile app that nobody knows about?

Eddie Hearn screwed up, he made a horrible move to try and break into the usa market, he should have struck a deal with hbo and make that.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        I dont blame her, why would she have kovalev fight on some obscure mobile app that nobody knows about?

Eddie Hearn screwed up, he made a horrible move to try and break into the usa market, he should have struck a deal with hbo and make that.
        Thank you, this is the most common sense post I have read about the nuisance of live streaming fights online. Why would an established fighter used to fighting on the tube run the risk of marginalizing his audience on social media where he'll become very hard to find?

Comment

eddie is good at screwing up

he had wilder for 15 mil......if AJ lost he would have still made a ton of money and could have built himself back up and got a rematch.....he could have said he was still a little young and green

now when the public forces him to fight wilder the "b-side" will get at least triple that.....and there will be no excuse...and when he loses he will have been branded a loser and a coward

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

as long as the money is right, why would she care what media platform the fight aired on? Kovalev isnt some developing prospect that needs airtime to build a fanbase.

Comment

Ouch... This dude is continually getting embarrassed by people bypassing him. Happens when you act like a smug cun+ without the firepower to get away with it.

Comment

and that's what happens when you're a smug pr!ck for being a big fish in a small pond.

The sharks are circling now, he's pissed off some powerful people.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  as long as the money is right, why would she care what media platform the fight aired on? Kovalev isnt some developing prospect that needs airtime to build a fanbase.
                  No, but she has to think of his numbers win or lose if he's going to sign a one fight deal to a new platform. Viewership is everything when it will come to negotiations for his next network deal.

Comment

USA takeover baby. How long til Hearn packs his bags and goes back to England?

Comment

Working...
                    X