Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does posting on this forum make the sport more enjoyable or less enjoyable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does posting on this forum make the sport more enjoyable or less enjoyable?

There are positive and negative things about this forum...but one thing i notice, is the majority of posters seem to be here to argue with eachother. When i see the lines get drawn and people take sides, i wonder if some of the usual suspects here might be fans of or at least respect fighters they trash on here, if they didn't have some obligation to disagree with other posters. Some of the ridiculous **** that gets posted on here can't be for any other reason than to get under the skin of others. I think this forum has transformed the way some fans view the sport...especially ones that didn't follow the sport before they started posting here. I always wonder if boxers from the past that most fans revere would be looked at differently by some if there was a nsb back then. Would there be old guys around today who were adamant that ali, duran, hagler etc were bums cuz they lost/quit/beat smaller fighters?
    Yes, nsb makes boxing better for me
    55.56%
    No, the constant trolling and arguing diminishes my love of the sport
    44.44%

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    There are positive and negative things about this forum...but one thing i notice, is the majority of posters seem to be here to argue with eachother. When i see the lines get drawn and people take sides, i wonder if some of the usual suspects here might be fans of or at least respect fighters they trash on here, if they didn't have some obligation to disagree with other posters. Some of the ridiculous **** that gets posted on here can't be for any other reason than to get under the skin of others. I think this forum has transformed the way some fans view the sport...especially ones that didn't follow the sport before they started posting here. I always wonder if boxers from the past that most fans revere would be looked at differently by some if there was a nsb back then. Would there be old guys around today who were adamant that ali, duran, hagler etc were bums cuz they lost/quit/beat smaller fighters?
    Much more enjoyable. Boxing isn't like other sports where we have fights every weekend or a couple times a week. Most of the time the lead up to the fight is better than the actual fight.

Comment

Definitely more enjoyable.

Being a part of the fighter crews and having wars with rivals fans is part of the fun. Sports isn't sports without trash talk and with fighting, it's the ultimate victory.

It's also fun to chat up boxing with peeps around the world, whether it's knowledgeable people or casual knuckleheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Much more enjoyable. Boxing isn't like other sports where we have fights every weekend or a couple times a week. Most of the time the lead up to the fight is better than the actual fight.
        That's true...especially since there aren't too many fans around these days. If most of my friends who used to follow boxing didn't switch to the ufc, I'd probably have less need to go on forums tho.

Comment

Less enjoyable. If every fighter sucks then why are we interested in these fights?

Comment

Much more enjoyable. I need these forums, because where else am I going to find a group of people who like boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Definitely more enjoyable.

Being a part of the fighter crews and having wars with rivals fans is part of the fun. Sports isn't sports without trash talk and with fighting, it's the ultimate victory.

It's also fun to chat up boxing with peeps around the world, whether it's knowledgeable people or casual knuckleheads.
              I've never really been into the whole trash talk/fan rivalry. It's cool tho...the sport needs passionate fans.

Comment

Definitely more enjoyable. It's a place to talk boxing since majority of our friends don't care, unfortunately. And once you put majority of the idiots on ignore, you save yourself a ton of time by not reading trash .

Comment

Makes me more interested in boxing, which makes me more interested in staying fit. I owe my abs to you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Less enjoyable. If every fighter sucks then why are we interested in these fights?
                    Sometimes i wonder the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X