No announcement yet.

Will I lose power from losing weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I lose power from losing weight?

So im cutting from 217 to hopefully 152 (I am fat). I can hit hard at this weight and have been told I am a good puncher even for a heavyweight. If I lose all my fat and am a lean 152, I know i wont have as much weight behind my shots but I should still overall have around the same power right? cause ill have much faster delivery, more snap, accuracy etc?

Eat Snickers and stay at Heavy remember Andy Ruiz said you can do it

Comment

Doesn't matter, you can't be fat and box. You will see a few elite guys who are the exception but don't fool yourself into thinking you'll be so lucky. The benefits of being in shape far exceed a little extra power.
      Personally, I'm stronger when I'm leaner because I can shift my body quicker and really crack those punches.
      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-13-2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

^^^^ makes sense, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post
          So im cutting from 217 to hopefully 152 (I am fat). I can hit hard at this weight and have been told I am a good puncher even for a heavyweight. If I lose all my fat and am a lean 152, I know i wont have as much weight behind my shots but I should still overall have around the same power right? cause ill have much faster delivery, more snap, accuracy etc?
          Why is 152lbs your goal?

Comment

^^ Cause I feel like thats where ill end up, fully lean and in fighting shape

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              Eat Snickers and stay at Heavy remember Andy Ruiz said you can do it
              Damn right!

Comment

^^ Cause I feel like thats where ill end up, fully lean and in fighting shape
                I would do the hard work of dieting (having daily calorie and protein targets, keeping a log of what you actually do eat, with calories and protein recorded), combine this with weight training--in addition to the other training you may want to do-- and see where this leads you in terms of scale weight.

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
                  I would do the hard work of dieting (having daily calorie and protein targets, keeping a log of what you actually do eat, with calories and protein recorded), combine this with weight training--in addition to the other training you may want to do-- and see where this leads you in terms of scale weight.
                  Metabolism plays a big role.

Comment

Power = Mass x Acceleration x Gravity

Comment

Working...
                    X