Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder vs fury is struggling to sell tickets, less than 20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always smile, when I hear here someone says Wilder/Fury biggest 2018 fight. bha

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
      Should do at least 30 million on the low end in revenue. 300k PPV buys at $75 is 22.5 million. Add in gate revenue and sponsors.
      Half of that goes to the network. These 2 are going to make 10 million each on a good day, but I doubt even that much. Even a Joshua-Wilder fight struggles to do the necessary numbers in the US, none of these guys are huge names over there, not ppv level anyway. This isn't a reflection on Fury or Joshua though who have been predominantly UK based fighters, it's Wilder's team who have not been able to turn him into a household name or crossover star.

This is the top and bottom of it. For what it's worth I hope the fight does well, but I just can't see it.

There are bigger US stars than Wilder who have still not been risked on ppv.

Comment

Tickets now on groupon lol

Comment

You;d have to assume some promoter affiliated with the fight
          would buy the remaining tickets make it look like it's a box office hit.
          Joshua negotiation comes and they'll say, "50/50 or no fight!!"
          Same old story perpetrated by scam artists.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            You;d have to assume some promoter affiliated with the fight
            would buy the remaining tickets make it look like it's a box office hit.
            Joshua negotiation comes and they'll say, "50/50 or no fight!!"
            Same old story perpetrated by scam artists.
            Good point

I fully expect more fake news from team wilder

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
              Why would you make a thread about a Big Heavyweight Boxing match not selling good ?

Are you a Boxing fan or a Wilder Hater ?

No need to reply . I know the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                Should do at least 30 million on the low end in revenue. 300k PPV buys at $75 is 22.5 million. Add in gate revenue and sponsors.
                You are correct that 300K PPV buys at $75 is $22.5 million. Only problem with that: Cable companies and Satellite providers take HALF of all PPV money taken in. So your $22.5 million in PPV profit just became $11 million.

Deontay Wilder has an inflated sense of self worth.

By putting this fight in the US Wilder has probably cost himself a lot of money in a future Joshua fight. After this thing flops he won't be able to demand as much.

They should have done this Fury fight in the UK. It would have sold out and he would have established himself over there. The fans would demand Joshua fight him if he beat Fury.

I mean, Wilders highest profile fight was against Ortiz and you could have gotten a great seat for $150. Now they are trying to pull in Superfight ticket prices.

These guys are wackos.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Blankenship View Post
                  (...)

They should have done this Fury fight in the UK. It would have sold out and he would have established himself over there. The fans would demand Joshua fight him if he beat Fury.

(...)
                  ... very likely... but this is an "apres coup" thought... now just hope it will be a meaningful fight...

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    we've already done this story to death, it's not as bad as it looks.

"but groupon doe"

yeah we heard but you're like a week or so behind the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
                    X