No announcement yet.

Roach's 142 proposal......***** move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
    I didn't duck you. I answered your question...where was your response?

Bring that page back up and you will see my response.

147 was the official FREDDIE ROACH weight (for the Diaz fight and what he was expecting for the Hatton fight). Freddie also said Pac was 152 pounds at 6% bodyfat while training for Oscar. His numbers are most likely from Pac's personal trainer who writes down everything and gives Freddie feedback.

Make sure you respond to this so that I know you got it.

LMAO.........at OFFicial freedie roach weight....theres only one OFFICIAL WEIGHT.......thats the weigh in weights homie.......check the rules......son

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
      LMAO.........at OFFicial freedie roach weight....theres only one OFFICIAL WEIGHT.......thats the weigh in weights homie.......check the rules......son
      So Freddie doesn't have a SCALE?

Are you that stupid?

Seriously?

THEY DON'T FIGHT AT THE OFFICIAL WEIGHT. THEY REHYDRATE. GET YOUR **** TOGETHER.

Why can't Pac fight Cotto and Shane at 147. they are 147 pound fighters after all and Pac was a 147 pound fighter against 147 pounder Oscar?

It's only 7 pounds again. 7 pounds official weight

Comment

So Freddie doesn't have a SCALE?

Are you that stupid?

Seriously?

THEY DON'T FIGHT AT THE OFFICIAL WEIGHT. THEY REHYDRATE. GET YOUR **** TOGETHER.
        i have a weighing scale too.....doesnt make it official................you get your **** together.............LOL..............was there proper representation on that weight HBO post...................i didnt think so too............son
        Go run for a president of a sanctioning body......stop making your own rules..........LOL
        Last edited by strugler; 05-07-2009, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
          this is why it's not a b1tch move. manny has been in total of 7 weight class. he just moved 3 weight classes in the span of 1 yr. he barely had his 1st fight at 140 and now ur asking him to move up again? if the big guys wanna fight him they have to meet at the middle
          i agree pac had to go to oscar's and hattons weight. Pac is the man so pbf, cotto and ssm need to meet pac at 143 at least. that shouldnt be a problem for pbf, cotto was 146 for jennings so thats 3 less pounds, not a big deal. And 4 pounds less for ssm.

Comment

Here's the interview:

Comment

I would be cool with Pac retiring but I doubt he would. Freddie still needs to cash out with two more fights. And I think Pac does want Floyd since Freddie made mention of it when the Hatton fight was being discussed....Pac wanted Floyd and not Hatton.

If Floyd knocks out JMM, I can't see how much credit Pac would get...but then again, Floyd knocks out Hatton and then Pac does it and there is huge praise for him so......
              Well, if the fight was at a lower weight and Floyd had to compromise a bit, then I think it would be different. If he knocks out JMM everyone will be saying it's only because JMM had to put on weight and was out of his element. Pac would still get credit in many people's eyes because they were in the same weight class and there could be no discrepancy regarding any weight issues. I think that's precisely why Pac gets so much credit for the Hatton win. Although PBF ko'd Hatton, it took 10 rds while Pac only took 2 and had to come up in weight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
                i have a weight scale too.....doesnt make it official................you get your **** together.............LOL..............was there proper representation on that weight HBO post...................i didnt think so too............son
                Go run for a president of a sanctioning body......stop making your own rules..........LOL

So does Pac fight at 140 pounds come fight-time?

Freddie and Pac's personal trainer know exactly where Pac is as far as weight. You dehydrate your body to make weight then rehydrate. Not hard to follow.

"Official weight" just means that they made the weight for the division. It does not mean that is their weight for THE FIGHT.

So then you agree? They should bring back same day weigh-ins?

have each fighter weigh-in 1 hour before the fight. They could do it, right?
                After all, Pac is a 140 pound fighter. He should be 140 pounds when he enters the ring, right?

Comment

Technically it iwould still be a WW fight as 147 is the MAXIMUM weight limit..............so anything above 140 is within reason..........however if I were a Mosley and I walk around at 154 and struggle to make 47..............I'd tell Roach to
                  [goodfellas]go get his ****IN shinebox[/goodfellas]

Comment

FLOYD: they can go after Floyd.
                    Mayweather fight Cotto and Mosley? I'll believe when I see it, but I wont hold my breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                      So does Pac fight at 140 pounds come fight-time?

Freddie and Pac's personal trainer know exactly where Pac is as far as weight. You dehydrate your body to make weight then rehydrate. Not hard to follow.

"Official weight" just means that they made the weight for the division. It does not mean that is their weight for THE FIGHT.

So then you agree? They should bring back same day weigh-ins?

have each fighter weigh-in 1 hour before the fight. They could do it, right?
                      After all, Pac is a 140 pound fighter. He should be 140 pounds when he enters the ring, right?

So HBO weight is unofficial..just like freddies opinion..........dont bury yourself further......LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X