Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Ggg deserve top 20 spot at 160 on all time scale?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
    What's his best win again?
    I would say Clenelo, twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
      What's his best win again?
      He beat that Welterweight at 160 instead of 157 since it would be too great of a sacrifice to come down 3 pounds and try to equalize the 10 pounds Kell moved up...instead Kell forced to move up 13 pounds. What a win.

Oh and Danny Jacobs? KTFO by old Pirog, hurt an KD by Sergio Mora as well as Gennady GG. Scraped past Arias and Sulecki - 2 relative nobodies in the MW division.

Best accomplishment at MW for GGG? A gift draw with Canelo where he was thoroughly outboxed before being thoroughly beat up in the 2nd fight...and a stoppage against WW Kell Brook. Now that's Top 10 PFP and Top 10 ATG MW stuff.

Comment

He certainly didn't get the names and wins needed early on to put him where he belongs amoungst the atg's.
        Some simple minded boxing fans always say - who has he beat?
        They forget to remember he run through all solid challengers who would actually face him by not just KOing them but also barely losing a round.
        I can't remeber every fight but he probably lost a total of 5 rounds between Lexiux, Stevens, Geale, Murray, Macklin, Monroe, Proksa, Rubio, whilst finishing every one of them.

Comment

I’d bet most posters on this site couldn’t list 20 MW fighters better then him without using google.

Comment

He is not a top 5 ATG but I would put him in the top 10 if he finished his career on a high.

He still has a chance to put a few more good names on his resume i.g. Charlo, Saunders, Murata or Canelo (in a trilogy).

Either way, I think he will be appreciated once he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
              I’d bet most posters on this site couldn’t list 20 MW fighters better then him without using google.
              What does that matter? LMFAO

These GennadyCUCKS...they explore EVERY avenue to excuse their man's whooping

I can't name 20 best LW, WW, or MW off the top of my head, but I can refresh my memory and STILL realize Gennady is a CUCK.

Comment

can anybody here really make a top 20 MW list all time? without google... this division goes back 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                  He beat that Welterweight at 160 instead of 157 since it would be too great of a sacrifice to come down 3 pounds and try to equalize the 10 pounds Kell moved up...instead Kell forced to move up 13 pounds. What a win.

Oh and Danny Jacobs? KTFO by old Pirog, hurt an KD by Sergio Mora as well as Gennady GG. Scraped past Arias and Sulecki - 2 relative nobodies in the MW division.

Best accomplishment at MW for GGG? A gift draw with Canelo where he was thoroughly outboxed before being thoroughly beat up in the 2nd fight...and a stoppage against WW Kell Brook. Now that's Top 10 PFP and Top 10 ATG MW stuff.

I have to laugh whenever I read that a fighter forced his opponent up in weight.

Comment

It's hard to say. Few fighters got as much notoriety as he did fighting total bums.

It's hard to rank a guy who when he retires might only have 1-2 fighters on his resume whose names people will recognize in 10 years. Outside of 2 close fights with Canelo, what opponents will GGG be remembered for? Daniel Jacobs? No. Martin Murray? No. I guess beating a welterweight is his second most noteworthy opponent.

Canelo has a long way to go, but if he stopped right now people would remember him for his fights vs GGG, Cotto, Lara, Trout, Cintron, Mayweather, Mosely, and even Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. Also fought a good welter in Amir Khan, but didn't make him come up all the way to 160, they fought at 155.

GGG will be remembered for 2 close fights with a HOF fighter in Canelo, not much beyond that unless he fights a couple more greats soon.
                    Last edited by Johnny2x2x; 09-24-2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Who cares?! He probably made over $60 million between the Brook, Jacobs and Canelo fights. That is more money that all the GGG haters will make in their lifetime combined.

Comment

Working...
                      X