No announcement yet.

Why not Ortiz vs Wilder rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not Ortiz vs Wilder rematch?

First fight was exciting, leading candidate for fight of the year. Close as well. Ortiz came back and showed hes not rattled in his last fight. Why not this again instead of fury? It will surely be better than a fury fight with all his dancin around and punch flickin.

A rematch would be OK but that is up to Wilder. Ortiz should beat somebody much better than the guy he just KOed to get back where he was before he was KOed by Wilder. I doubt Fury fights Wilder. I think that is just Fury talking big about something he has no intention of actually doing.

Comment

I want to see it.

Comment

With a fair referee.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G View Post
          First fight was exciting, leading candidate for fight of the year. Close as well. Ortiz came back and showed hes not rattled in his last fight. Why not this again instead of fury? It will surely be better than a fury fight with all his dancin around and punch flickin.
          Wilder vs. Fury is a bigger fight and Wilder vs. Ortiz will be bigger next year than it'd be this year.

Wilder won by conclusive knockout. Giving Ortiz a little more time to rebuild himself only makes a rematch bigger. Meanwhile, Wilder vs. Fury is the biggest fight that can be made for Wilder outside of AJ.

Comment

I think fans are burnt out on rematches when we have champs refusing to fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              Wilder vs. Fury is a bigger fight and Wilder vs. Ortiz will be bigger next year than it'd be this year.

Wilder won by conclusive knockout. Giving Ortiz a little more time to rebuild himself only makes a rematch bigger. Meanwhile, Wilder vs. Fury is the biggest fight that can be made for Wilder outside of AJ.
              Regardless of the knockout i felt the fight was really close. Certainly close enough for an immediate rematch. Especially seeing as Ortiz already came back strong and it will be wilders first fight back
              Last edited by Dyl-G; 07-31-2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

He rematched Stiverne, I don't see why he can't rematch Ortiz.

Comment

Why rematch someone you knocked out?? Fury is the best move, he can get exposer in the UK and get the Lineal title in the process

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                    He rematched Stiverne, I don't see why he can't rematch Ortiz.
                    That happened because Ortiz failed 2 drug tests and somehow Stiverne became his MANDATORY!!! HE HAD TO GET HIM OUT OF THE WAY AND HE DID

Comment

Working...
                    X