No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Kovalev Better Than GGG, Bigger Challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Its as if you are happy GGG waited out Ward going to 175. I agree the ward/GGG fight is not going to happen and we should all move on. It's just a shame the fight didn't happen when it could have.

GGG still has a very weak resume and no opponent on the horizon that will improve it.
    Why would I be happy ward is going to 175? Golovkin waited out ward..or ward just wasted the last 3 years of his life..somehow it's golovkins problem that Ward sat on the shelf nearly 4 years too? What's next global warming. Ward is great but but Ward is not unbeatable..but I'm fine with that bruh, totally fine with that. My only defense of Golovkin has been and will be the sheer amount of shhh the man has had to swallow just to get a shot at a wbc belt. He was in theory the man who would be king of 168 when Sergio fought Murray in Argentina the next man up was Golovkin...crazy to think how long ago that is and to face the fact he's still going through the same shh today. To be perfectly and brutally honest it's what made me a fan of the dude, I like underdogs/hate politics this guy is a victim of both.
    Last edited by turnedup; 11-23-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Let him alone... He's only a poor kid who's having a hard time at home, with his dad and his mom.... or with his neighborhood gang...
      You don't like gangs?

What you scared of gangsters or what?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        So the president of HBO confirmed that Ward turned down a Golovkin fight?

Source please.
        Love the way you tried to reframe that and i'm sure it's worked for you before but don't put words out there I didn't say, my statement clearly stated Loeffler said they wanted the fight, and Hershman said Loeffler was interested in making the fight and he would be sitting down with Ward to discuss it. Nothing came of it and out of the 3 parties involved two wanted it...if it didn't get made it was because of who? The only party left in the equation...WARD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
          Ward HAS to move up, there's nothing left for him at 168. He's been crying about it, though

GGG CAN move up now for a big money fight (Froch, Chavez Jr) which is something Andre Ward isn't.

Unlike Ward, Golovkin has options.
          The difference is that HBO, the media and the fans will allow GGG to feast on bums at 160 until he gets a big fight against Canelo.

Whereas they'd never allow Ward to do the same at 168 waiting for a Golovkin fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Love the way you tried to reframe that and i'm sure it's worked for you before but don't put words out there I didn't say, my statement clearly stated Loeffler said they wanted the fight, and Hershman said Loeffler was interested in making the fight and he would be sitting down with Ward to discuss it. Nothing came of it and out of the 3 parties involved two wanted it...if it didn't get made it was because of who? The only party left in the equation...WARD.
            Tom Loeffler absolutely did not want the fight. He said after GGG's fight with Geale that the Ward fight didn't make financial sense.

Comment

Tom Loeffler absolutely did not want the fight. He said after GGG's fight with Geale that the Ward fight didn't make financial sense.
              After Geale, after geale, after geale..do you not realize how long this fight has been being talked about before ya'll got on Wards knob all of the sudden? It has been in discussion for YEARS kiddo. I'm done with reply to this nonsense, people reach for whatever is most convenient for them to pander to their beliefs. Golovkin is at 160 ward is at 175, accept it and get used to it. We know folks need some sort of drama to enjoy boxing but this one has been fanboyed into the ground, through the earth, and passed through the other side into outer space. Let it go.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Let him alone... He's only a poor kid who's having a hard time at home, with his dad and his mom.... or with his neighborhood gang...
                You've never been in a gang before have you? You ever had hard times in your life?

Always looked down on the gangsters and all the poor kids did you?

You privileged little snot You uppity spoonfed b!tch I'd fck you in your ass in a heartbeat

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Why would I be happy ward is going to 175? Golovkin waited out ward..or ward just wasted the last 3 years of his life..somehow it's golovkins problem that Ward sat on the shelf nearly 4 years too? What's next global warming. Ward is great but but Ward is not unbeatable..but I'm fine with that bruh, totally fine with that. My only defense of Golovkin has been and will be the sheer amount of shhh the man has had to swallow just to get a shot at a wbc belt. He was in theory the man who would be king of 168 when Sergio fought Murray in Argentina the next man up was Golovkin...crazy to think how long ago that is and to face the fact he's still going through the same shh today. To be perfectly and brutally honest it's what made me a fan of the dude, I like underdogs/hate politics this guy is a victim of both.
                  He is a victim of BS but he is also being rewarded and protected by HBO in that they didn't force a Ward fight. SO he gives a little and gets a little.

It wasn't fair but the game works like this. I just hope he doesn't spend the next 12-18 months fighting jobber after jobber.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                    You sound stupid. Your response has nothing to do with it being a difficult task to move up. PERIOD. Froch is retired. Chavez Jr. is a fat ass. Those are not impressive options. GGG should've offered Ward a fight at 168lbs. Obvious he is concerned about getting his ass beat. 164lbs is a joke offer!!!! He looks like a punk for that. Go up to 168lbs and call out the KING of the division. You just want to argue but have no argument. We just killed you with FACTS.

I sound, but you actually are stupid, bro.

Dirk said that Ward is actually moving up... well no **** he could of stayed at 168 fighting scrubs and waiting for Golovkin to find God and move up and fight him for pennies just to help Andre Ward with staying relevant again.

OR

He could have moved up to LHW, a stacked division full of decent paydays, which is something he's doing but *****ing about it like a woman on her period.

It was Froch who started talking about wanting to GGG last year. Actually he still is. Retired or not, Carl Froch guarantees a big payday. Andre Ward does not.

Chavez might be a lazy fat ass, but again, he's a big money fight, something Andre Ward is not.

Word of advice, lose the bolded font, it doesn't make you look any smarter. Quite the opposite, actually.

Comment

The difference is that HBO, the media and the fans will allow GGG to feast on bums at 160 until he gets a big fight against Canelo.

Whereas they'd never allow Ward to do the same at 168 waiting for a Golovkin fight.
                      Truth^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

texasboi15 you got no chill man!! LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X