Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sadam Ali: I Didn't Look Good, Herrera Made Me Look Terrible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herrera is crafty and battle tested its hard to look pretty against him. Hes like a welterweight salido.

Comment

Mungia took Ali's soul that night. He looks like damaged goods,, easily touchable and will be brutally knocked out whenever he faces a puncher

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        Hey, don't be too hard on yourself. You did beat a guy who beat Danny Garcia.
        But on the flipside he looked poor against a guy who lost to Mikey Dallas Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          Herrera is crafty and battle tested its hard to look pretty against him. Hes like a welterweight salido.
          Yeah except Salido is actually good.

Comment

Sadam looked SHOT last night and i doubt it had anything to do with Herrera's craftinass.
            Sadam was more effective missing shots than landing them.
            No snap to his punches and seemed toooo eager to hold and flurry to steal rounds.
            By the 6th round i began to wonder if he would last the distance because he seemed so gassed.
            He simply is not the same.
            Based on what i saw last night most of the top WW will do to him what Mungia did to him.
            He should be looking for one last payday and then call it quits before he gets badly hurt.

Comment

Herrera is tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                Shannon Briggs vs Francois Botha. Botha won on most media & fans cards but it was scored a draw by the judges. Botha to Jim Gray “ I thought I did enough to win” Botha was always a humble guy & gracious winning or losing. Briggs to Jim Gray “I thought it was a draw”... Jim Gray “In all my years you are the first fighter who thought they fought to a draw”
                Damn, that brings back some memories. I went to that fight with my high school friends (grew up right down the road). Saw Barrera on the undercard as well as Omar Sheika. We all thought Botha won the fight although I think Briggs did drop him at some point (Botha also had Shannon hurt towards the end of the fight). Anyway, Botha wrapped a huge white fur cloak around himself and went into the crowd where everyone cheered him on. We were a few feet from him and it was something i'll never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                  Damn, that brings back some memories. I went to that fight with my high school friends (grew up right down the road). Saw Barrera on the undercard as well as Omar Sheika. We all thought Botha won the fight although I think Briggs did drop him at some point (Botha also had Shannon hurt towards the end of the fight). Anyway, Botha wrapped a huge white fur cloak around himself and went into the crowd where everyone cheered him on. We were a few feet from him and it was something i'll never forget.
                  I believe Briggs did drop him around the 7th round but for the most part Botha was winning. Botha was one of my favourites. Not to mention one of the few boxers who got busted for PEDs & took responsibility for it. He got stripped of the IBF title after beating Axel Schulz for the vacant title Foreman dropped. He said that suspension & failed test cost him millions... That would have been awesome to see. That was 2 solid top 20 HWs Slugging it out back in the day. Botha was fearless & would stand & trade with any HW no matter how hard they punched.
                  Last edited by joe strong; 12-16-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X