• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
    Neither Golovkin nor Ward are #1.

Kovalev is the true king.
    gotta agree

Comment

Well obviously, a win over Danny Jacobs is a lot better than wins over: Mikkel Kessler, Carl Froch and Sergey Kovalev.

Comment

Worth noting that they had GGG #2 behind RG before this weekend. Saying he surpassed Ward on their list is not true.
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-24-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

the list is good but GGG #1 is laughable. dude has never beat anyone close to being a p4p type fighter and some people think he lost to jacobs, he is a good fighter.

the hypetrain is real

cant make a fighter be something he is not....the ring is the squared circle of truth....he hasnt done anything p4p worthy. he is a good fighter who has a ok resume known for knocking out lower tier opposition

Comment

ofc a Thurman fan would say something so stupid. Kovy has campaigned at 1 weight class entire career and won't fight Beterbiev or Stevenson.

Ward dominated 168 and now beats Kovy at 175. Lol this "Thurman"

Comment

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa. Haters gonn hate now.

Comment

Yep. Lmfao @ ESPN.

Fat Dan proving once again why this sports media is a circus act.

KOvalev is the #1, if ANYTHING, Ward could be the only person who could be considered #1. Not Golovkin, or anybody else.

Kovalev-Ward 1A-1B and that's it..... nobody else in front of them until they rematch.

Comment

ESPN. They're known for their P4P list are they? I thought not, TBRB is where it's at.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    The Kovalev/Ward decision was a lot more debatable than GGG's win over Jacobs.

I watched both fights live and I was truly shocked when Ward got the decision over Kovalev. At the end of the fight, sitting there waiting for Krusher to have his hand raised, and I heard those words .. "And the new .." my immediated gut reaction was astonishment and disbelief.

At the end of GGG/Jacobs, I really didn't have any idea who was going to get their hand raised. A couple of days later I watched the fight again and kept a round by round score. I gave them 6 rounds each and GGG got an extra point for the KD.

Very fair and accurate assessment of both fights. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      the list is good but GGG #1 is laughable. dude has never beat anyone close to being a p4p type fighter and some people think he lost to jacobs, he is a good fighter.

the hypetrain is real

cant make a fighter be something he is not....the ring is the squared circle of truth....he hasnt done anything p4p worthy. he is a good fighter who has a ok resume known for knocking out lower tier opposition
                      Could you imagine if Mayweather had been rated #1 after getting 1 razor thin decision over a good fighter and having an lackluster resume otherwise?

The dude was criticized for having almost entirely undebatable wins against many of the best fighters in and around his weight. Fighters who themselves will go on to be in the HOF whereas Lemule, Macklin, Murray, Geale etc will not.

Comment

Working...
                      X