Collapse
No announcement yet.

90's foreman Vs 90's tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreman wins by KO. Tyson himself thought so. To pass up the largest payday in boxing history speaks volumes. If Tyson is mentally beat before he even gets in the ring, there is no way he can win. In case some people didn't notice, Tyson isn't a shining example of how to fight when things get tough. He folds like a $2 lawn chair when the heat is on. This ain't Bruce Seldon he'd be fighting. Foreman took a beating from Holy and Moorer and he kept coming after them, eventually catching up with Moorer. Tyson can't handle that, not in the '90's, '80's, not ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreman
      Foreman wins by KO. Tyson himself thought so. To pass up the largest payday in boxing history speaks volumes. If Tyson is mentally beat before he even gets in the ring, there is no way he can win. In case some people didn't notice, Tyson isn't a shining example of how to fight when things get tough. He folds like a $2 lawn chair when the heat is on. This ain't Bruce Seldon he'd be fighting. Foreman took a beating from Holy and Moorer and he kept coming after them, eventually catching up with Moorer. Tyson can't handle that, not in the '90's, '80's, not ever.
      WOw, please tell me about your story of meeting Tyson and him telling you everything about being scared of Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
        WOw, please tell me about your story of meeting Tyson and him telling you everything about being scared of Foreman.
        actually their is a quote somewhere of a guy who woirked tysons corner saying that both tyson and cus thought that foreman was too dangerous

think abnout it, why would tyson miss an oppertunity to fight an old guy who used to be a legend, the only guy who had more power in his punches

tyson could never fight going backwards it unnerved him and foreman would be pushing him back immediatly

there is no swarmer that would stand a better chance aganist foreman but then theres no swarmer that could beat him!

Comment

tyson ducked Foreman Fact

Comment

And he ducked Foreman for a reason. Tyson wouldn't miss out on such a big payday unless he thought that he couldn't win.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
              And he ducked Foreman for a reason. Tyson wouldn't miss out on such a big payday unless he thought that he couldn't win.
              I take it you'll be consistent with your opinions when it comes to the Foreman/Quarry situation, yes?

I mean, we're all aware that Foreman later stated that he "didn't want any part of Quarry" back in the day, which the contemporary writings of his day seem to suggest was the case...

So does that make Quarry the automatic winner of that mythical matchup?

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi
                I take it you'll be consistent with your opinions when it comes to the Foreman/Quarry situation, yes?

I mean, we're all aware that Foreman later stated that he "didn't want any part of Quarry" back in the day, which the contemporary writings of his day seem to suggest was the case...

No
                But I believe that was a retorical question on your part Yogi. Foreman v Quarry would be interesting fight but i still see Foreman winning a KO in maybe round 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi

** I've never run across that quote except when quoted by others. I asked George about Quarry rumors, and he only said that Quarry was a counter puncher that made a tough fight. On his old website he listed Quarry quite highly among heavies who never won a title.

He also said he never sparred with Quarry or considered a fight with him. Jerry lost every championship fight he was in, but George has a respect for him nonetheless.

Comment

Tyson was actually afraid of a lot of his opponents, but given what he was going through at the time, he just might not have had the guts to formulate a strategy for that fight. While I think Tyson could win this fight, that doesn't mean he didn't avoid it.

Comment

Thing is Foreman was more mentally together. He admitted he was scared of Frazier but that didn't stop him from flattening him!
                      Where as Tyson of that time wasn't the most focussed man. Holyfield wasn't intimidated by Tyson and he proved successful, if Tyson was intimidated by Foreman then I can see there being some trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X