Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loeffler said you can make a case for GGG getting 50/50 against Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loeffler, Sanchez and Golovkin have all now said 50/50 in the last month.

That right there is your problem; they drastically over-value their hand and nobody is going to be stupid enough to let them.

Comment

Why does it bother anyone what their man earns ? Golovkin said he wanted the WBC belt he has it now what interest does he have in Canelo other than a huge payday ? GGG fan boys gonna come on here and argue why he deserves a bigger cut, it's pathetic.

The fight is a mismatch like all of GGG's previous fights since he fought Ouma. It takes being a fan boy to a man whole new level discussing what they earn.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Did he? I've not seen that yet. Well yes, I suppose that's accurate in a sense, you could make such a case.... but only if you're willing to become the laughing stock of the sport.

Realistically I think the broad consensus is that Golovkin's worth something like 30 - 35%.
        Asked if he thought a 50/50 purse split would avoid division Tom replied: "You can make an argument either way. Gennady has unified many of the titles and it`s been hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Asked if he thought a 50/50 purse split would avoid division Tom replied: "You can make an argument either way. Gennady has unified many of the titles and it`s been hard work.
          Yeah, I read the article now, the scribe's puns are cringeworthy.. It's really not quite as clear cut as your title makes it sound, like he's answering a question put to him about whether a 50/50 split is a good idea, not making some kind of declaration that it's what they think they should get. And he follows up that kind of maybe yes, maybe no statement with this...

"So there would be concessions on our side to get the fight. Just to make the fight. I think it's a fight both sides want to make. It's just working out a deal that makes most sense to both sides".

Tom knows 50% ain't happening. Everyone does, but he's also in the position of being in continuing negotiations for his guy to get the best deal he can. He answered like a promoter or a politician. What else was he gonna do?

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
            I dont care if its 50/50, 60/40 or 90/10. I just want to see the bloody fight. With the way some of the fanboys/haters talk on here you would think they dont want to see the fight materialize.

Some people are more interested in the drama and boxing politics outside the ring than the potential drama in it.
            All about sweet drama,but ppl are interested in offers cuse thats how fight are made,50/50 demends from Tom are not getting as closer for sure m8.

Comment

Originally posted by All in View Post
              Nowhere but he has almost a year to hammer out the best deal possible. Would you settle today for a fight a year out? Should pacquiao have taken the 40mil flat offer?
              No because Pacquiao had options. He could have made that $40 million in two fights and made more than that over time.
              BBB side doesn't have those options. He takes what Canelo and Golden Boy offer him or he can make 1/4 of that for his next few fights until he is out of his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Yeah, I read the article now, the scribe's puns are cringeworthy.. It's really not quite as clear cut as your title makes it sound, like he's answering a question put to him about whether a 50/50 split is a good idea, not making some kind of declaration that it's what they think they should get. And he follows up that kind of maybe yes, maybe no statement with this...

"So there would be concessions on our side to get the fight. Just to make the fight. I think it's a fight both sides want to make. It's just working out a deal that makes most sense to both sides".

Tom knows 50% ain't happening. Everyone does, but he's also in the position of being in continuing negotiations for his guy to get the best deal he can. He answered like a promoter or a politician. What else was he gonna do?
                Golovkin has also said he should get 50/50. This isn't something new. He said Canelo would lowball him with an offer of $2mil and say GGG doesn't want the fight because he won't accept the $2mil. Well they offered him at least $10 and he's still saying he deserves more

Comment

Originally posted by All in View Post
                  You asked for a 50-50 argument. I think 65-35 canelo is fair. But flat rate won't get it done.
                  Alvarez's worse PPV event still ended up doing nearly triple the business of Golovkin's PPV event, so what the **** are you talking about?

3:1 on monetary value, and Alvarez is also giving Golovkin the full 6lbs on the fight, yet you're talking what?

People are hung up on the flat rate, for no other reason then they've been accustomed to talking about purse splits.

How much money do folks honestly expect Alvarez-Golovkin to end up making? Once all the dust settled, ODLH-Mayweather ended up clearing $80m, Mayweather-Alvarez ended up clearing $90m, Mayweather-Cotto ended up clearing $60m, and Cotto-Alvarez ended up clearing $45m.

Even if the fight matches the Cotto-Alvarez number (which I doubt), you're likely talking about $30m to Alvarez, $10m to Golovkin, $5m to the promoters, not at all unreasonable.

There's nothing fair about 65/35, especially with Golovkin giving no other concession on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Golovkin has also said he should get 50/50. This isn't something new. He said Canelo would lowball him with an offer of $2mil and say GGG doesn't want the fight because he won't accept the $2mil. Well they offered him at least $10 and he's still saying he deserves more
                    You going somewhere with this? Golovkin and Loeffler know they ain't getting 50/50 as does everyone else - most people seem to think something in the 30 - 35% range is about right.

Comment

No you really can't...

No way ggg is worth 50/50 with canelo...

Canelo sells more, is more well known, and is the one taking all the risk as a huge underdog...

Just like how jacobs should take 67/33 for ggg
                      Ggg should take 68/33 for canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X