Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Olympians you'd like to see turn pro ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buatsi is the biggun from the UK. Kinda raw but a very natural puncher. Seems charismatic and good on camera too.

Luke McCormack looks good for his age aswell.

If we are cherry picking guys then the Cubans Ramirez, Lopez and La Cruz would obviously be great to see in the pros. I wont hold my breath though

Filip Hrgovic imo was the best SHW in Rio and i think he would suit the pro game with his heavy hands and akwardly effective style

The Columbian Martinez looked great. Be good to see a promoter or manager take a gamble on him

Comment

Update:
      On Sunday four olympians made their pro debut on the Josesito Lopez undercard:
      Karlos Balderas: Looked good, a little anxious but his opponent was weak mentally and quit on the stool after one round, looking forward to see what's next for him.
      Lindolfo Delgado: Stopped his guy, wasn't impressive but he did his work.
      Eimantas Stanionis: Stopped his opponent, i haven't seen the fight yet.
      Misael Rodriguez: As i expected, looked weak and just confirms my thoughts about him been lucky to get a medal, he is fun to watch tho.

Also:
      -Antonio Vargas turned pro and scored a stoppage in the first round, he will fight next on April 21.
      -Jeyvier Cintron, the talented Puerto Rican two time olympian will turn pro on April 21.
      -Teofimo Lopez who represented Honduras after not being able to qualify for USA is having a great run and it's currently the most active olympian with a record of 3-0 (3 KO's) and will come back on April 21 and then again in the Crawford Diaz undercard.
      (Vargas, Lopez and Cintron are fighting on the same undercard on April 21.)
      Nico Hernandez, the bronze medalist from USA made his pro debut on March 25 and won by Stoppage in a really good performance.
      Michael Conlan won his pro debut in the most hyped debut for Rio olympian so far on March 17, with Conor McGregor walking with him to the ring, Conlan won by stoppage in a not so good performance by an anxious Conlan who gave an F to himself after the performance.
      Mohammed Rabii, the moroccan bronze medalist won his pro debut on March 17, on which was IMO the most impressive pro debut for the Rio Olympians so far, i knew that the smaller gloves would make him look much sharper.
      Juan Pablo Romero from Mexico, won his pro debut by stoppage.
      Robson Concencaio, the lightweight olympic champion , is already 3-0 as a pro (2 ko's), staying active on big undercards.
      Joselito Velasquez, the talented flyweight is already 2-0 (2 ko's) as a pro.
      Tony Yoka, the super heavyweight olympic champion is supposed to turn pro on June 2.
      Lawrence Okolie from Great Britain is already 1-0 with 1 ko in the cruiser weight division and will fight again in the Indongo vs Burns and Klitschko vs Joshua undercards.
      Josh Kelly, the welterweight from Great Britain will also fight in the Indongo vs Burns and Joshua vs Klitschko undercards.
      Misha Aloyan, the former silver medalist (was stripped because was caught in doping test), will turn pro on April 22 in the toughest pro debut for a Rio olympian so far against the Dominican Norberto Jimenez (26-8-4).
      Shakur Stevenson, the most hyped Rio olympian and silver medalist, will turn pro on the Valdez vs Marriaga undercard and will fight again in the Crawford vs Diaz undercard
      Fazzlidin Gaibnazarov, the uzbek light welterweight champion, will turn pro also in the Valdez vs Marriaga undercard.
      Gary Antuanne Russell, the USA light welterweight is turning pro in the same card where his brothers Gary Russell Jr (featherweight champion) and Gary Allan Russell are fighting on May 20.

Comment

Good thread, good read.

And good luck to Mohammed Rabii since he signed with Rigo's idiot guy.

Anyone know whats up with Balderas going from Carlos to Karlos?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Good thread, good read.

And good luck to Mohammed Rabii since he signed with Rigo's idiot guy.

Anyone know whats up with Balderas going from Carlos to Karlos?
          Since the first moment i saw Rabii i knew he was built for the pro's, he looked sharp in his pro debut, but there are lots of questions about him and his team right now.
          Regarding Balderas, i think he always was Karlos, I have some old fights of him and he always appears as Karlos, he started appearing as Carlos when he started his campaign at the WSB and international competitions.

Comment

Working...
          X