Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Latest PBC on Fox A Smash Hit In The Ring... But Not In the Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Oh lord not the well other sports were on so that's why PBC tanked argument. LMAO

PBC has gotten bad ratings in the spring, summer, fall and winter. You pick a night there is always going to be other sports on. If this was one bad rating then maybe you could blame that but this has been a consistent trend over a year no matter what has been on that night PBC ratings keep falling. This is about casual fans not caring or liking the product PBC is putting out there and not other sports.
    It was a solid card with lots of action. Very casual friendly lol stop complaining.

And playoffs are 100x important than Andre berto

Comment

If you don't care about the ratings then why did you click on the link dip shyt!
      Because I'm a boxing fan. Last I checked, the name of this site is called "boxingscene", not "let's count PBC's money".

If you're so concerned with PBC's money why don't you start your own site where you can talk about PBC's money all day? I'm pretty sure you won't. Know why? Because fans don't give a schit about $$$ they're not making. They only care about being entertained on a Friday/Saturday night.

Again, if you're so concerned with counting someone else's money and you think there's a market for it, why don't you create your own "count PBC's money" forum and talk about it all day?

Comment

That's too bad because last night had the best fights on of the year probably.

Comment

No surprise big dip from Garcia-Guerrero to Berto-Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            Lol next time it will be because of horse racing that was on 8 hours earlier.

Why are you comparing network ratings to a subscription platform?
            Because eyeballs are eyeballs and more of them is better than less, for the sport.

An outlet that offers less limits the growth of the sport, and outlet that can land more helps to build out viewership even if not fully taken advantage of. It takes a long time to really cultivate an audience though, and each event is highly dependent on who is involved.

Pretty easy really.

Comment

Boxing as a whole is failing. I'm not sure why people like TS are excited about that?

I try to keep the sport I love alive by providing free marketing to my co-workers and gym mates everytime I get the chance. I ask them every other week if they're going to tune in and watch boxing for the weekend. I get the same questions and answers: "Who's fighting? Who is that? I think I'll do some house maintenance instead".

Everytime. Never fails.

Yeah, let's celebrate this like bigdunny1

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                Because I'm a boxing fan. Last I checked, the name of this site is called "boxingscene", not "let's count PBC's money".

If you're so concerned with PBC's money why don't you start your own site where you can talk about PBC's money all day? I'm pretty sure you won't. Know why? Because fans don't give a schit about $$$ they're not making. They only care about being entertained on a Friday/Saturday night.

Again, if you're so concerned with counting someone else's money and you think there's a market for it, why don't you create your own "count PBC's money" forum and talk about it all day?
                People post a lot of crap on this forum that I don't care about. I don't click on them and damn sure don't complain about them by responding in them. Lol This website not just the forum posts articles about these boxing TV ratings if you don't care shut your mouth and bounce h0e. Plenty of people do.

Comment

boxing is pretty much dead. no one watches it right now. curling does better numbers than boxing which is very sad. even professional bowling does bigger numbers than boxing.

i expect boxing to be an extinct sport in a couple of years time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Because eyeballs are eyeballs and more of them is better than less, for the sport.

An outlet that offers less limits the growth of the sport, and outlet that can land more helps to build out viewership even if not fully taken advantage of. It takes a long time to really cultivate an audience though, and each event is highly dependent on who is involved.

Pretty easy really.
                    Then why do more people go to golovkin events? A million people who are just watching boxing because it is on, on a Saturday night, aren't growing the sport. Your argument is contradicted repeatedly by reality and destroyed by the example of Floyd mayweather who fought on ppv and had less viewers than the fight last night on average, yet he was the most popular. Same with pacquiao and countless others. Keep trying, though.

Comment

People post a lot of crap on this forum that I don't care about. I don't click on them and damn sure don't complain about them by responding in them. Lol This website not just the forum posts articles about these boxing TV ratings if you don't care shut your mouth and bounce h0e. Plenty of people do.
                      Great, so you won't be starting a "count PBC's money" forum? Thought so.

Comment

Working...
                      X