No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Kirkland could pass 2 million viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    Ahhh you mean the replay of Mayweather-Pacquiao is looking at 2mill viewers. Lol at thinking that people were tuning in to see that Canelo fight.
    I'm sure the replay added a ton of viewers, but I've seen a lot of chatter about Canelo-Kirkland specifically in a lot of 'casual' domains. Even ESPN was covering the fight on TV and on the web. There was definite excitement for the fight on its own and it delivered.

If anything, I'm sure a lot of people seeing Pac-Floyd for the first time lost interest half way through that run/clinch dud.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
      That is looking for the trends for it.

Wlad vs Jennings had 100k searches and that pulled 1.7 million viewers
      Canelo vs Kirkland at the moment has 250k searches, which is actually more than both of his last PPVs combined.
      That reasoning isn't especially convincing but it wouldn't surprise me. Canelo is insanely popular. And now that Chavez Jr is gone off the rails Canelo's going to be sole focus for that bandwagon fanbase.

Comment

My guess is people wanting to see that sick ass KO. KO of the year and it will not be topped.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          Ahhh you mean the replay of Mayweather-Pacquiao is looking at 2mill viewers. Lol at thinking that people were tuning in to see that Canelo fight.
          Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          That's nice and all but in reality half of whatever the numbers are will be thanks to the may pac fight
          Originally posted by sicko View Post
          No Surprise! I'm sure the Mayweather vs Pacquiao replay is a major reason why though lets be honest but Canelo vs Kirkland delivered a fun fight so taking nothing away from them

LMFAO at a few casuals on twitter "Mayweather Should Fight Canelo..." only for someone to reply and tell them that Mayweather already beat Canelo
          Typical that the only people saying this belong to the Black Panther Party. These ghetto losers are acting like they forgot when TV rating numbers come in they do it for all fights that are on the card, not just the overall card. Now if the numbers come out and the May/Pac replay did better than Canelo vs. Kirkland then you could celebrate.
          Last edited by El Campesino; 05-10-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            My guess is people wanting to see that sick ass KO. KO of the year and it will not be topped.
            Now casuals will think Canelo is some kind of sick KO artist, so next time they tune in they'll get mad because he didn't live up to their ideals.

Comment

Originally posted by God Of Left View Post
              Typical that the only people saying this belong to the Black Panther Party. These ghetto losers are acting like they forgot when TV rating numbers come in they do it for all fights that are on the card, not just the overall card. Now if the numbers come out and the May/Pac replay did better than Canelo vs. Kirkland then you could celebrate.
              Lol at "ghetto losers" coming from a mexican.

Comment

People think that boxing is alive. But ten years ago winky-taylor was pulling in 3 times that number

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                  Completely incorrect, the fight was boring, it was being ****ted on by basically everyone in the mainstream media. It's actually the complete opposite, the only ones who didn't think the fight was boring are people who were happy Floyd won.
                  Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                  right, cuz only Pac fans found it boring
                  Originally posted by ThePrince View Post

If anything, I'm sure a lot of people seeing Pac-Floyd for the first time lost interest half way through that run/clinch dud.
                  As many people that saw the fight live, there are more who didn't see it. Despite all the b*tching and moaning from people who wanted to see Mayweather lose, that didn't stop people from tuning in to see what they missed, nor did it stop people who did see it from watching a replay. You people have to be stupid to think that Canelo fighting a nobody in Kirkland drew more viewers than the replay of the "fight of the century" that just did 5mill+ in ppv buys the week before.

Comment

I could see it passing the 2 million mark if it went more than 3 rounds

Comment

It should do good numbers since boxing is on the map and Canelo has been a Floyd opponent.

It will be interesting to see what a Golovkin/Gonzalez card does next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X