No announcement yet.

Jennings vs klitschko on April 25th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Only reason I see him doing this is because he wants the Wilder/Stiverne winner next.
    If Wilder manages to win, how many years you think we'll have to wait for that fight to actually get made? I'd wager Haymon takes Wilder and guys like Quillin, Santa Cruz, Garcia, Bey, Dirrell, Charlo and makes them champions in his own league ignoring the outside boxing world.

Comment

War Wladimir!

Comment

lol Everyone abandoning ship on Jennings knowing he'll get his ass beat

Comment

Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
          He's nowhere ready, what a ridiculous fight. I like Jennings a lot and I hope he's getting paid nicely because he doesn't have a prayer
          He's 30 years old and just gave Perez & Szpilka their first/only losses. You can say he's simply not good enough but I don't see how he's going to become more "ready" in middle age.

Stiverne/Wilder are (supposedly) tied up, Povetkin more than earned a rematch but nobody wants to see that stylistic trainwreck, Fury is only 26 so apparently even less ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            If Wilder manages to win, how many years you think we'll have to wait for that fight to actually get made? I'd wager Haymon takes Wilder and guys like Quillin, Santa Cruz, Garcia, Bey, Dirrell, Charlo and makes them champions in his own league ignoring the outside boxing world.
            Who knows, I expect Wlad to be very vocal about it and making the WBC champ look bad. Then he'll probably hope that whoever wins fights and loses to Povetkin so he can fight him again

Comment

I kinda like Jennings but this is a terrible match up. Small guys with ok/average power just aren't going to do anything against Wlad. Wlad will grab, clinch, and push him down like he did to Povetkin if he even get's into mid-range.

All this fight, is is a showcase for Wlad to Americans. They'll set him up with Stiverne if he beats Wilder. If Wilder wins, Haymon won't put him in with Wlad, so Fury will get the shot

Comment

When Floyd fights them, it's a young hungry lion but when Wlad fights them, it's reversed, waaaaahhhhhh picking on a guy who hasn't fully developed yet.

Comment

Damn this is gonna be a massacre...I like Jennings but what can he possibly do besides run around to win this fight? He has not one advantage...another KO for the big guy.

Comment

Not really excited for this fight, Jennings isn't really anything special. But it's good to see Wlad fighting a top 10 contender as a voluntary for the first time in something like 6 years, so good on him for that one.

Expect a one-sided beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
                      He's 30 years old and just gave Perez & Szpilka their first/only losses. You can say he's simply not good enough but I don't see how he's going to become more "ready" in middle age.

Stiverne/Wilder are (supposedly) tied up, Povetkin more than earned a rematch but nobody wants to see that stylistic trainwreck, Fury is only 26 so apparently even less ready.
                      Well he only started boxing when he was 24 or something, incl amateur career, so I think a legit case can be made that he isn't ready.

But a legit case can also be made that he'll never be ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X